Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry another Vicente thread

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Thats exactly how it is for me.

I think we are all diasappointed, no more than Vicente himself. But I do generally believe that he will play many games between now and the end of the season. He might just be the difference between a mid table finish and a play off finish.

I'm 43 and Vicente made me as excited as a small boy completing his panini sticker collection whilst marvelling at the power of his ZX Spectrum! However I have been bitterly disappointed with his lack of match action to date but am still holding out hope he will be integral to our final part of the season. I think he will be involved against Newcastle as that is a perfect game for him to get back playing. My ideal scenario is that he plays a good portion of the game and then plays a key role against Palace as his skill and trickery confounds the pikeys and we play them off the park. Please Jim fix this for me!?!

Oct 25, 2003
yeah but what you're forgetting is that he is paid a MILLION POUNDS a WEEK and REFUSES to play, and then wipes his ARSE with a brighton shirt and does a PISS on a print out of all the season ticket holders

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I reckon he actually speaks perfect english, but plays the whole "no ablo ingles" when he doesn't want to talk to people.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Some people are very fickle on this site, When he's fit people really want him to play and think 'hes a nice bloke' but when he's unfit everyone wants him to f*** off and think he's a waste of wages...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
ps Thanks for the Vicente Sitch update, Dave. It certainly sounds like some competitive footie could be well be occurin' soon for the guy. Good show chaps! :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I reckon he actually speaks perfect english, but plays the whole "no ablo ingles" when he doesn't want to talk to people.

I'm sure Calde has taught him a few words in English :lol:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I really do believe he will be our 'secret weapon' in the last few months of the season. IMO I would prefer him to make an impact then, than early/mid season.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I must confess to feeling a little sorry for Vicente with regard to how the Club have handled his situation.

In terms of stadia, the (proposed) training facilities etc, the Club is Premier League. However, when it comes to public affairs, we are Blue Square at best.

Sometimes Vicente is in the squad, then he isn't. Sometimes he is on the verge of appearing, then he goes AWOL for weeks on end. All it needs is for the press office to make a brief statement concerning his condition and we can all manage our own expectations. The current wall of silence and the growing belief that he's here to do little more than pick up vast sums of money every week for doing f*** all is doing nobody any good.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Nice to read. It always pains me to see the intellectually dim swinging their broadsides against a man who is more than likely trying his best and simply wants to play the game he loves. He's got the talent to do wonders for us, has Vicente, and it's a delight, in my mind at least, for that potential hero in a bobblehat to be wearing blue and white, so the anuses that badmouth him and dream of his earnings and how much they're deserved i have very little time or respect for. If we get him confident and in good shape then that man should tear oppositions apart and i cannae wait to watch it all happen. At first thought i want the swipers and slaggers to have to embarrassingly eat their own words, but such dimwittish sorts generally fail to learn, so it's best just to wish him the wellest and revel in his ability when on display.

Top posting, agree 100%

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
love it .. a positive vicente thread ... warm up against newcastle and unleash him at selhurst!!

Last edited:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Some people are very fickle on this site, When he's fit people really want him to play and think 'hes a nice bloke' but when he's unfit everyone wants him to f*** off and think he's a waste of wages...
fickle or thick ?

fit?...yes i want him to play
unfit? ... best if he doesnt play ... and obviously not earning his wage you idiot ... but you should get a yellow card or more for being so rude -

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Nice to read. It always pains me to see the intellectually dim swinging their broadsides against a man who is more than likely trying his best and simply wants to play the game he loves. He's got the talent to do wonders for us, has Vicente, and it's a delight, in my mind at least, for that potential hero in a bobblehat to be wearing blue and white, so the anuses that badmouth him and dream of his earnings and how much they're deserved i have very little time or respect for. If we get him confident and in good shape then that man should tear oppositions apart and i cannae wait to watch it all happen. At first thought i want the swipers and slaggers to have to embarrassingly eat their own words, but such dimwittish sorts generally fail to learn, so it's best just to wish him the wellest and revel in his ability when on display.

100% agree.
Some of the rubbish written about Vicente and his huge wages, his lack of willingness to train and the mutual termination of his contract etc, with absolutely no evidence to back it up, is so frustrating to read.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
JC, I wish peops would stop getting on his back.

Whatever the deal and the circumstances, he is a fantastic player and, in small cameos, has shown that.

He was ready to come on v Bristol City but, with injuries to outfield players, there was no way he could have been given the nod given the GK situation.

Please Albion fans, get off his back ! We will, I am sure, see some further brilliance from this guy.

you are as mental as vincente....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here