Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sorry another Vicente thread

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
100% agree.
Some of the rubbish written about Vicente and his huge wages, his lack of willingness to train and the mutual termination of his contract etc, with absolutely no evidence to back it up, is so frustrating to read.

other than he doesnt play for us at all and valencia got rid of him as he wouldnt play for them for two years - there is no evidence at all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be fair Dave, if I was going about my business in the gym and you approached I'd suddenly forget how to speak English too.

And I'd reserve my best 'sign language' for when you turned your back to walk away.

Seriously though - just how did you sign "You look fit and raring to go"? I'm sitting here trying to think how I'd do that and I really have no idea other than pointing at him and doing a frantic little running motion.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
To be fair Dave, if I was going about my business in the gym and you approached I'd suddenly forget how to speak English too.

And I'd reserve my best 'sign language' for when you turned your back to walk away.

Seriously though - just how did you sign "You look fit and raring to go"? I'm sitting here trying to think how I'd do that and I really have no idea other than pointing at him and doing a frantic little running motion.

Mark my words: Bit of a gamble...... Vicente will get us into the play-offs.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
...bit surprised they haven't got a Gym going up at the stadium so that the players don't have to mix with the hoy-palloy (that's YOU Dave :p)

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Sometimes we just have to wait for the best things.

I'm sure he will be playing against Newcastle on Saturday, have an absolute blinder, score the winning goal, and hopefully, stick two fingers up at all the moaners and doubters. (Well, I hope so, anyway).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good post, thanks.

Makes a refreshing change from all those posters "sick note" and "waste of 15K/20K/25K/etc." mindless, boring jibes

Very much THIS. Poor bloke could well just be injured and could get over it and play regularly soon. I very much dislike having a pop at players who have been unfortunate enough to be injured. Frustrating though it is, a lot of people seem to think they know stuff or they just assume (ie wages etc). Let's hope for some Vicente action soon...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sometimes Vicente is in the squad, then he isn't. Sometimes he is on the verge of appearing, then he goes AWOL for weeks on end. All it needs is for the press office to make a brief statement concerning his condition and we can all manage our own expectations. The current wall of silence and the growing belief that he's here to do little more than pick up vast sums of money every week for doing f*** all is doing nobody any good.

Kind of agree. Part of the problem is that there's never been a clear ''He's nacked his Achilles and will be out for 10 weeks'' clarity. He'a always in this 'he's almost fit' 'not quite match fit' 'fit but not ready' ambiguity that people find (understandably) frustrating. And because that seemed to be the case at Valencia too, the disillusionment grows.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"Hey Be-then-tay...
OOH
AH
I wanna know-woah-oh-oh-oh
When you'll play again..."

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I was a mite surprised that he travelled to Wrexham as I felt he was never going to play a part there - and then not to Peterboro who play the ball on the ground and where he might have benefitted from a 30 minute run out.

I'm convinced he is close to playing and surely he will feature next week when we have 7 subs. I would love it if he was then fit for Tuesday week :)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I cannot wait for him to come back. We're just starting to come good now. It's going to be one hell of a run in this season I think ..

To all of the doubters:
If, when we were at the Withers, someone had told you that people would be whining because VICENTE hadn't played enough games for us whilst we were two points off the play-offs in January, I wonder what you'd have said then.

VICENTE is an Albion player. Does that not register?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
yeah but what you're forgetting is that he is paid a MILLION POUNDS a WEEK and REFUSES to play, and then wipes his ARSE with a brighton shirt and does a PISS on a print out of all the season ticket holders

Spot on TL. Also Chemtrails are real. You're all IDIOTS. Apparently he can speak English REALLY good but just pretends not to. Flippin' foreigners.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I cannot wait for him to come back. We're just starting to come good now. It's going to be one hell of a run in this season I think ..

To all of the doubters:
If, when we were at the Withers, someone had told you that people would be whining because VICENTE hadn't played enough games for us whilst we were two points off the play-offs in January, I wonder what you'd have said then.

Absolutely 100% THIS

To all of the doubters:

To be honest, if someone had said we'd be moaning that Vicente had not played enough games I would have said "who the f*** is Vicente" because until he signed I'd never heard of the fella.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To be honest, if someone had said we'd be moaning that Vicente had not played enough games I would have said "who the f*** is Vicente" because until he signed I'd never heard of the fella.

Oh good, I'm not the only one.

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
Have we actually signed the Spanish version of Kieron Dyer? A lot of similarities
Both early 30s
International caps dyer 33 vicente 38
Club appearances around 310
Injured - frequently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here