Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs which are now unacceptable at the AMEX?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
as we have to rule out the 'we all bow down to kazenga lua lua' as he is obviously not a deity, therefore worshipping fase idols, going to hell etc

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
1-0 to the Albion ... clearly encourages gloating, and may spread anger and despondency among away supporters :lolol:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Paul Hayward, as you well know, was talking about cracking down on things like throwing coins at players and singing songs celebrating the death of innocent people. Your reaction then seems a bit childish. Especially given that we have people in the game now suggesting netting at grounds. Not very far away from suggesting some kind of fence is it? Have we been here before? YES, we have - time to act now to stop it happening again. Hayward is spot on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There's an excellent piece by our Paul Hayward in the telegraph today about fan's misbehaviours this season and how clubs and the authorities should address. The essence of the article is enough is enough. Anyway, it got me thinking in light of the fan being banned for starting a song at the Amex recently in the north stand, what songs are regularly sung at the AMEX which could and should be banned in this context i.e it encourages a hateful and poisonous atmosphere? At the very least, you could end up in BIG trouble. Here's a few in this respect

Has he been banned then ??? I suppose I will see on Saturday - He didn't start the song btw he was ejected for SINGING it not STARTING it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I believe we are allowed to cheer when we score, unless an opposing fan complains for upsetting their feelings, obviously.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Paul Hayward, as you well know, was talking about cracking down on things like throwing coins at players and singing songs celebrating the death of innocent people. Your reaction then seems a bit childish. Especially given that we have people in the game now suggesting netting at grounds. Not very far away from suggesting some kind of fence is it? Have we been here before? YES, we have - time to act now to stop it happening again. Hayward is spot on.

hello fun police :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"We all live in a Wardy Wonderland" = Border control infringement, exit visa requirement flouted.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Gone to the library, you should have gone to the library – assumes ability to read, so may be illiteratalist

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Number 1 is Peter Ward, number 2 is Peter Ward....

Excludes all other players and is clearly unrealistic.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There's no-one there, there's no-one there...

Could upset those that really are not there.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
'we'll stand when we want, we are the north stand, we'll stand when we want' :nono:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Who are ya? Who are ya?

Teasing someone about their social status.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

And your reaction seems a bit too, em, adult! It's a semi-serious thread, I agree entirely with the piece in the telegraph apart from it being too grey. But all the songs I listed ARE ones that can potentially land you in BIG trouble; the only one I'd say was unlikely would have been Stand Up, if you hate...until the Bristol game proved you can be ejected and banned for it. Being NSC though, you have to get the micky-taking comedy remarks out of the way first before serious more "adult" conversation can take place. The former however is FUN, so really, lighten up a bit and enjoy the thread. Alternatively re-start it on the Huffington Post website?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
We're the West Stand, we're the West Stand, we're the West Stand Brighton boys

Sexist

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here