Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs at Falmer for the new PA people

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not really fussed as long as it isn't anything to do with the x factor or cheryl cole or rap rap and more rap with a capital C!

(was at st andrews at the weekend and it was bloody awful - the choice of tunes plus music when they scored and sponsors for everything right down to the time added-on announcement.....!!!)

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
at manchester city the playlist is sponsored by umbro, so before ecah home game umbro run a competetion on twitter, facebook etc asking for fans to suggest 4 songs.

the best playlist gets played and the winners name is up on the big screen. happy days.

the playlists preceeds an updated version of blue moon which gets everyone dancing, then they play right here right now as the teams come out.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What about a local Sussex band playing a 30 minute set in the middle of the pitch .Like a mini Super Bowl kinda thing .Get people in early . There are loads of them about .
The mighty Peter and the Test Tube Babies to kick it off !!
They tried that with Slade at the Goldstone in 1978!

Yeah, enough decent Brighton bands around these days... not sure how 80s Matchbox would go down, but you never know...

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
They tried that with Slade at the Goldstone in 1978!

I remember it well, although to be fair they were only lipsyncing for their next video and went through the same song 4 or 5 times.Still being a massive Slade fan , it got me in early and I still like to think I can see myself in the video.

Good shout on 80's Matchbox as well , Ghost of a Thousand could be considered and the soon to be huge 'Esben and The Witch', although their gloomy music maybe better suited for a dark evening game.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there speaks the yoof of today!

Anyone remember playing at MKD a couple of years ago....i seem to recall walking into the stadium with the sound of Whole Lotta love banging out from the fantastic sound system...i hope ours is going to be as good as that.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
they should play the curent top 40 none of this crap thats 20 years old !!!

Well , if the ground was full of people under the age of 15 I'd agree with you , but as it will hold a multitude of generations and musical tastes I would say that probably the curent top 40 would be considered a load of old(sorry new ) manufactured throwaway toss anyway.

Just because it's in the top 40 doesn't mean it's any good.

That's why we have rock music.punk:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Good shout on 80's Matchbox as well , Ghost of a Thousand could be considered and the soon to be huge 'Esben and The Witch', although their gloomy music maybe better suited for a dark evening game.

Didn't know Esben and the Witch were from Brighton... They certainly would surprise some people - it would be 'Come back Attila, all is forgiven'! Nice idea tho - I certainly would get along early if I knew BSP or Brakes were playing!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
they should play the curent top 40 none of this crap thats 20 years old !!!

Only the 3-00 kick offs though, you'll be in bed for the evening games:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here