We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
D:ream "Things can only get better"

[yt]Dl-ai9HuR60[/yt]

The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades - timbuk3

[yt]Lr5bJGEtoMo[/yt]

Home by Buble ( horrible man - nice sentiment for the Amex)

[yt]7-dyGA2VdCI[/yt]

And the ultimate for me Joe Jackson - Hometown:

"I seem to hear a distant sound of
waves and seagulls, football crowds and
I want to go back to my hometown."

[yt]skAWV1L5bnE[/yt]

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"We shall Come Home" by Oysterband

Good call, would sound good in a big stadium :thumbsup:

As a topical one off, how about Going Home (theme from Local Hero) by Mark Knopfler? Wouldn't want it every week as it's a bit of a Newcastle United thing, but for the first game it rather fits.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
For info I am none of those but nice try! Anyway carry on...

I think after yesterday's embarrassing turn of events i have formed the opinion that you may be at least one of them.

For the record I am two out of the 4. You see self awareness is an interesting attribute.

Now back to the music choices. The unknown stuntman aka theme from the fall guy by Lee Majors

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
In the New Inn Hurstpierpoint in the late eighties the public bar staff were aged about 20 and the customers were in their thirties or above. The bar staff chose the music. After quite a short time all the customers left, the pub went downhill and eventually was taken over by a company that made it nice again, in an Upper Street Islington kind of way.

The moral is: check the demographic before choosing the playlist.

(And assuming that this revealed that more than two or three people at the Amex once went to the Goldstone I'd just ask for a bit of Glory Days soundtrack to go in the mix.)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
In the New Inn Hurstpierpoint in the late eighties the public bar staff were aged about 20 and the customers were in their thirties or above. The bar staff chose the music. After quite a short time all the customers left, the pub went downhill and eventually was taken over by a company that made it nice again, in an Upper Street Islington kind of way.

(And assuming that this revealed that more than two or three people at the Amex once went to the Goldstone I'd just ask for a bit of Glory Days soundtrack to go in the mix.)

The Knight family in the 90s?

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
HTML:

:thumbsup:Thanks goodness, some sense. I was begining to feel very old after the second load of suggestions. Some Brighton fans are over 30 (unfortunately!) and I think that my old man would never return to the Amex if the only music he was subjected to was Kasabian or Babyshambles - at 80 I am not sure that he relates to Pete Docherty!! How would you lot feel if all you were subjected to before a match was Richard Wagner or Ludwig Van B? I think a cross section of music is what is required - a mix that all deomgraphics would appreciate.

P.S. Is "We Are The Campions" too much of a cliche?:cool:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
With all the abuse poor old Attila was getting yesterday, I think it's important to have a mix of stuff. Nothing has universal appeal. I actually liked a lot of his choices but realise it's not for everyone. But Brighton being Brighton, we do tend to do things a bit differently - refreshing not to hear the absolutely rubbish you get at most grounds. So yeah - mix it up. Bit of class indie and dance, with a few chart classics - and maybe even the odd Clash track for old times sake, like....

And make sure that anything that has ever appeared on Pop Idol or the X Factor, or has every been produced by any bands who have been on those shows, is avoided like the bloody plague.

Oh, and how about some British Sea Power? No? Oh well.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nathan Fake - "Falmer (original mix)" could be an option. It's the first half of this tune http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZggE229UMtU or a bit of chilled out reggae with "Stadium Hot" by Eek-a-mouse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyHsaxtEHlM

My personal preference would be lots of minimal techno. You could have "White Lines in the Blue Sky" by Mashcraft or the very very excellent "Blue Blood" by Loggik. Can't find links to them on the interweb so how about a prediction for what it's gonna be like:

[yt]msRyaRTALt4[/yt]

or if techno isn't your bag then "God is in the House" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
HTML:

:thumbsup:Thanks goodness, some sense. I was begining to feel very old after the second load of suggestions. Some Brighton fans are over 30 (unfortunately!) and I think that my old man would never return to the Amex if the only music he was subjected to was Kasabian or Babyshambles - at 80 I am not sure that he relates to Pete Docherty!! How would you lot feel if all you were subjected to before a match was Richard Wagner or Ludwig Van B? I think a cross section of music is what is required - a mix that all deomgraphics would appreciate.

P.S. Is "We Are The Campions" too much of a cliche?:cool:

Its a good job i'm not selecting the music then isn't it mooosh.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Will the new PA people include a proper DJ? Seriously. You could have someone 'compering' and doing all the talking with team line-ups etc, and someone else actually DJing. I'm sure Fat Boy could get someone from Skint involved! We could be the first club in the country to have a proper DJ laying down some bangin' tunes before the match. Needn't be just dance stuff of course - could mix it up. Would be absolutely ace - might even be worth turning up early for.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi "O Fortuna" - Carl Orff

That should do it.

we are doing that it March.....I didn't realise just how rude the words for the rest of the piece were...no wonder its not sung in Church....

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
What about a local Sussex band playing a 30 minute set in the middle of the pitch .Like a mini Super Bowl kinda thing .Get people in early . There are loads of them about .
The mighty Peter and the Test Tube Babies to kick it off !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here