Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Somerset or Notts

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Notts 9 down, still need 10 runs for their last batting point.
Somerset's score doesn't seem to have updated in the last 5-10 minutes.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
For those long enough in the tooth to remember season 1981, there should be no debate about this. Notts beat us by one point thanks to having pitches specifically tailored to Richard Hadlee. It was a form of cheating and we were robbed of our first CC. Somerset all the way please.

Agreed. Bastards.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Be funny if Lancs declare...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lancs two wickets down

1 more and it's Notts' championship

What an ending to the season

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wanted Somerset to win it but fair play to Notts - they got 6 points in less than a day, that's a hell of an achievement

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
For those long enough in the tooth to remember season 1981, there should be no debate about this. Notts beat us by one point thanks to having pitches specifically tailored to Richard Hadlee. It was a form of cheating and we were robbed of our first CC. Somerset all the way please.

Just seen this.

I think that's a bit unfair, teams always prepare strips according to their strengths. Hove always used to be a seamers' wicket before we suddenly got Mushy and then it started taking spin. I don't see that as cheating.

The real travesty was the draw up there when the last batsman, Mike Bore was, by all accounts plumb LBW to Imran. And BTW, we lost by two points, not one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here