Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Somerset or Notts

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Notts and Somerset matches weren't contrived.
No, they were merely ruined by the weather and to different degrees.

Ultimately, it came down to whether it had pissed down with rain in the Notts match for 2.5 or 3 of the 4 days. Anything resembling even a one innings game would have resulted in Notts winning the championship, owing to the fact that the rain in Durham meant there wasn't enough time to conclude that one properly either.

Equally unsatisfactory really.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Notts have been the best team in div one. They have led most of the season and were nearly undone by a freak first innings vs Yorkshire and then the weather.

Well done Nottinghamshire.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Just seen this.

I think that's a bit unfair, teams always prepare strips according to their strengths. Hove always used to be a seamers' wicket before we suddenly got Mushy and then it started taking spin. I don't see that as cheating.

The real travesty was the draw up there when the last batsman, Mike Bore was, by all accounts plumb LBW to Imran. And BTW, we lost by two points, not one.

I seem to recall that Hove wasn't exactly a batsman's paradise when Imran opened the attack that year

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I seem to recall that Hove wasn't exactly a batsman's paradise when Imran opened the attack that year

Well, yes, that's the point I was making.

I don't see why it's OK for us to do it, but it's cheating if someone else does it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here