Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Somerset or Notts

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Getting a bit tense, who do you want to win the Div one title.

Raining in Durham so Somerset are unlikely to get the win.

Notts need 5 batting points plus 1 bowling point to win the title

Personally I'd like Notts to win it

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Looks like it will be a draw Between Somerset and Durham, I reckon Notts will win from here. But I hope Somerset win it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Looks like it's going Somerset's way at the moment. They're on course for 11 points. Notts have 3 points, and are looking like they'll end up with 8, which would send the Championship to Taunton for the first time.

Notts will declare the moment they get to 400, leaving them about 15-20 overs to get three wickets.

Close. Bloody close.

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Somerset have always been my second team (after living there for 3 years and living opposite the captain at the time)

I guess this season you could say they are my "Premiership team"

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I wanted Yorkshire, but now Somerset. Think Notts will sneak it though

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Tea at Old Trafford, Notts have just got their 4th batting point but lost another wicket so 353/6 need another 47 and 3 wickets or 6 wickets

Meanwhile Somerset back out and take two more wickets so need 2 wickets and a quick 160 odd to win in about 20 overs

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
For those long enough in the tooth to remember season 1981, there should be no debate about this. Notts beat us by one point thanks to having pitches specifically tailored to Richard Hadlee. It was a form of cheating and we were robbed of our first CC. Somerset all the way please.

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Somerset opening with Tresco and Kieswetter; Durham opening the bowling with (ex-Somerset captain) Blackwell, the spinner. Its all very 20-20, isn't it, eh?

Meanwhile Notts need 14 runs to get their final batting point, with just 9,10 and jack to get them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here