Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

someone hurts themself so sues council shocker!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Because she was on a CYCLE LANE not the Promenade where BYLAWS and SIGNAGE prohibits cycling. I'm sorry if its confusing for you.

I was only joking Tim!

Anyway, I'm off to ride my bike on the Downs, to fall off then sue Mother nature.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
"She said she collided with a splitter island separating the cycle lane and the main road."

So she wasn't looking where she was going.... case dismissed

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if i was in charge i'd outlaw compensation claims for anything more than acknowledgment of fault and nominal fees for genuine loss of earnings. £50k? licence for anyone to just crash their bike, i could live with a couple of fractures for that.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Splitter!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
“Ms Vanni is a capable cyclist whose injuries would have easily been avoided if she'd looked where she was f***ing going”

Bloody ambulance chasers

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
stupid cow needs glasses

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
**** is the only thing I could think off.

It's about time we had a policy that people like this, and the ****s that represent them, should be removed from their houses under the cover of darkness, and never spoken off again.

The judge should say, you're a silly bitch, look where you're going in future you stupid cow. and to the pratts putting her case forward, he should fine the firm a million quid for trying to steal off the public purse.

Instead no doubt she will win.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
stupid f***ing cow, too late we're already in the BLAME THEN CLAIM society that the f***ing fat yanks started off with

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't be getting up for work now, if I got compensation for everything I'd walked/cycled into, fell off, tripped over, bumped my head on.

1066 seagull

Sep 25, 2008
Brighton
oh dear, this woman is almost a cliche of the blame generation. i'd love to put the story to david, gordon and nick at the final debate to see how they view this type of activity in contemporary britain.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Not to worry, I'm sure when that silly Lucas woman gets in, all cars will be banned within Brighton's boundaries; so the cyclists will be able to ride all over the road. No doubt, that still won't stop the irresponsible, selfish ones putting pedestrians in danger by cycling at speed on the pavements.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
of course the council will probably end up settling as it's cheaper than paying legal fees to contest the claim.

Shoot the claimants!

Shoot the lawyers!

:US:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here