Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

someone hurts themself so sues council shocker!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

"Bollard ? what bolla...."

:facepalm:

"Waaaaaagggh....now wheres my, ummmm, oh I dunno....£50k ?"

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
"Ms Vanni is a capable cyclist whose injuries would have easily been avoided if proper planning had been done by the council.”

Or she could have looked where she was going and braked in time !

I reckon the Council should offer to settle out of court by buying her a Cycle helmet, knee and elbow pads. I once rode into the back of a parked car but I just got up, dusted myself down and carried on ( although the bruising was a bit sore ). I didn't go and make a claim that the car was dangerously parked, because it was MY fault.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
If I were the judge I'd recommend she hands her bike over as she's clearly a danger to herself and other people. Also ban her from driving for 50 years as if she can't see a kerb on a bike what chance does she stand in a car. Maybe even ban her from walking as if she can't see a kerb she may walk out into the road causing an accident. Stupid bint!!!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
What a joke of a society!

No wonder there is so much national debt if we are paying money to people who are clumsy fools.

Some people need to get a reality check.

She should be thankful that she has a cycle path to ride on! She should have received a big black hat with a D on it and been told to sit in the corner

This whole way of scamming needs to stop.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
When Hove Bald and Unread gets lamped by a local for banging on their door wearing a blue rosette, will he be surprised, hurt and sue ?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
some of the lanes down the Drive are not very easy to see at night - even with lights on the bike.. perhaps some of the £££ wasted should have been put to giving them reflective strips?
The issue with bike lights is they seem to be designed to make cyclists visible not allowing them to actually see where they're going.

I've got the predecessor to this light (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30210) and it's plenty bright enough, you just pay for the ability to see. Night riding off-road does require some serious illumination though.

Having looked at google streetview I can probably work out where she fell off. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=bri...d=DkgJoNHqqrZ1OS_3_DtYRw&cbp=12,217.05,,2,6.2 Kinda hard to not see that island after you've just passed to bollarded island. It was probably more difficult to hit it and fall off than to miss it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good grief I hate all this sort of thing. All those bloody "have you had an injury work" adverts are cringeworthy.

"I was given the wrong type ladder and fell off it".

Well if it was the wrong type of ladder why the f*** did you go up it in the first place you total f***ing MORON!

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
could she not be charged with "cycling without due care and attention" if such offence exists

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
of course the council will probably end up settling as it's cheaper than paying legal fees to contest the claim.

Shoot the claimants!

Shoot the lawyers!

:US:

You can't go round shooting lawyers, Michael Howard and Tony Blair are both lawyers, OK I'm coming round to the idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here