Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some t**t just drove into my car....

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
....with his delivery van, whilst my car was parked!

i saw the whole thing from my house window, but to make things worse, he denied the whole thing! then drove off. :censored::censored:

i managed to get his number plate and company name. went to the police but there not doing anything?!?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
They bloody should do, he has left the scene of the accident without giving you any details...mind you, driving a company van does make him fairly easy to trace.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Phone your insurers and give them the details. They will track his insurers down via the number plate. I think these days it's a matter for them, not the police.

I have done now, they said it could take up to 6 months for it to all go through.
or i could pay for it to be fixed myself then claim it back.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Unless there is paint from his vehicle on yours or you have an independent witness this could be tricky to prove. Good Luck. :)

There is paint from his van on my car, so he wont get away with it. I also have a witness that has seen the car parked there all morning then came out after it happend, but did not see him acctually hit it.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
report it to the company involved aswell this will possibly help with your claim

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I think these days it's a matter for them, not the police.

It should be a police matter (not that it helps nowadays)

http://www.lawanswers.co.uk/questions/maximum-penalty-for-leaving-scene-of-an-accident
What is the worst possible penalty for leaving the scene of an accident where there were no other cars or property damage involved?

In the UK the maximum penalty for failing to stop after an accident or failing to report an accident is 6 months imprisonment, a £5,000 fine, a discretionary ban (at the magistrates will) and 5-10 penalty points. That said I would not expect charges to be brought if there were no damage or injury.

I know this is not exactly the same, but your case is worse as your car was damaged.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
as people were not injured the police will not get involved, place it in the hands of the insurance company and let them do there thing. Expect the company will settle as they won't want the hassle of court action and all that comes with it

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Get some one to back up your claim

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Suggest to the Police that you wish to make a formal complaint against them, they cannot ignore what is criminal damage.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You should always report an accident to the police, it helps no end if it ends up in court.

Best Foot Forward

Apr 29, 2008
Burgess Hill
Someone drove into my wifes parked car earlier this week in Burgess Hill. Nobody saw the accident and no note was left. All I do know is that is was a red vehicle (based on the new and unwanted paint job on my wifes car), and caused about £600 of damage :censored:

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Someone drove into my wifes parked car earlier this week in Burgess Hill. Nobody saw the accident and no note was left. All I do know is that is was a red vehicle (based on the new and unwanted paint job on my wifes car), and caused about £600 of damage :censored:

mine too was in burgess hill, must be something about the place :angry:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
This happened to my girlf -- an Asda delivery van hit her car while it was parked outside her house, and drove off. Absolute nightmare I'm afraid -- Asda's insurers refused to pay out because no one staff member at the branch concerned would admit being the driver! Eventually i wrote a strongly worded letter to Asda head office, and it was all sorted out two weeks later. Though it took MONTHS in total.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here