Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some t**t just drove into my car....

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
This happened to my girlf -- an Asda delivery van hit her car while it was parked outside her house, and drove off. Absolute nightmare I'm afraid -- Asda's insurers refused to pay out because no one staff member at the branch concerned would admit being the driver! Eventually i wrote a strongly worded letter to Asda head office, and it was all sorted out two weeks later. Though it took MONTHS in total.

Im thinking of writing a letter soon, its only a small company i think, trico international if any one has heard of it? they was no help when i called them so hopefully a letter will make then think more clear.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Im thinking of writing a letter soon, its only a small company i think, trico international if any one has heard of it? they was no help when i called them so hopefully a letter will make then think more clear.

If everyone bombarded them with phone calls and e-mails they may soon give in.

What are their contact details?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
of course the police wont be interested they would rather be caughting people doing 33 in a 30 and stopping people with no seat belts on

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
of course the police wont be interested they would rather be caughting people doing 33 in a 30 and stopping people with no seat belts on

"CAUGHTING" ? hmm ...................but a telling point nonetheless

..................perhaps could report that the accident occured while he was using his mobile phone and that he drove off without buckling his seat belt. Should get some police action then

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
yeah i know spelling mistake *CATCHING*

There is paint from his van on my car, so he wont get away with it. I also have a witness that has seen the car parked there all morning then came out after it happend, but did not see him acctually hit it.

If there's one thing that victims ought to do more often, is lie to suit their case.
Have a witness say they did see it - get a mate to say he was there visiting you and saw exactly the same as you.

If that's what is required to get a dishonest person to pay out for something they have done to you, then I say fight fire with fire in a case like this.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
happened to me once. they said my car was sticking out! which it wasnt! :rant: didnt get anything and car was written off. f***ing women drivers!

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
as people were not injured the police will not get involved, place it in the hands of the insurance company and let them do there thing. Expect the company will settle as they won't want the hassle of court action and all that comes with it

Happened to me - the driver gave me his address and insurance company but didin't report it to his insurance company and they wouldn't pay out so it all came out of my insurance.

:angry:

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
From my own experience when this happened to me, is neighbours can not be considered as a witness as they may be friends, even if you have never spoke to them in your life time.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If you saw the whole thing then you should of filmed it on your mobile.I did that when a Polish girl hit me.I filmed her car(plate,damage etc) and the lorry i was driving.I even took a photo of the culprit.Luckily she amitted it was her fault but i still called the police and they were pretty good for once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here