Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SOME Leicester fans are a disgrace

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You'll get no joy from the FA, I can almost absolutely guarantee that. Once it is off the boundaries of a football ground they will wash their hands of it and claim it to be a police incident. So long as football grounds are free of trouble and their stats show this to be the case they will care less about a park and ride.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You'll get no joy from the FA, I can almost absolutely guarantee that. Once it is off the boundaries of a football ground they will wash their hands of it and claim it to be a police incident. So long as football grounds are free of trouble and their stats show this to be the case they will care less about a park and ride.

Isnt the queue for the P&R still within the stadium boundaries?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
at the top of the stairs by the coaches, a group of about 5 young leicester fans were shouting out things like "watch your backs, lads, they'll take you up the arse". I just starting laughing at them. Small-minded individuals who lost 1-0 to the better side.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
In the queue for racehill p&r a group of 5 thought it acceptable to broadcast that Brighton fans are all "f***ing poofters, paedophiles" and all the other unoriginal crap they could muster - right in front of my 8 year old boy along with the other kids in the queue. The 3 younger ones (early 20s) were the ones mouthing off but I was astounded that the 2 older ones (early 50s) said and did nothing until I confronted the younger ones, and yes it was in an aggressive manner - I don't find it acceptable to use that language in front of kids under any circumstances. My questions are (1) this happened IN FULL VIEW and within hearing of the stewards at the front of the queue yet NOTHING was done, and (2) how come I was the only person to speak up?

Rant over

This or similar happens at every club it always has done, if your children are sensitive don`t bring them to the match.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
This or similar happens at every club it always has done, if your children are sensitive don`t bring them to the match.

Behave yourself, 5 pissed up c***s shouting this crap no more than 4 feet in front of my son is unacceptable by anyone who has half decent standards of behaviour, it has nothing to do with "sensitive" children you idiot.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Well done for actually speaking up.

What did you say, and what was the response?

spooky

Jan 1, 2008
Hmmmm

Match day Stewards.....No SPEAKA DA ENGKISH.........ONLY CAN POINT...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Are you referring to the lads who were in the wrong queue then walked off up the hill and then started getting lairy? One of whom then mooned us.

If so, that was an exchange which confirmed us as a bunch of softies. And I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. We taunted them with a bit of "1-0 to the Albion" and "You're too ugly to be gay", but those idiots were spoiling for a fight. I would have got myself stuck in should it have kicked off, to defend fellow Albion fans, but there was no need to cause a scene. Ignore them, let it pass. Nothing wrong with the moral highground. Point out to your kids that that behaviour is how the thick behave and that they should never do the same.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Well done for actually speaking up.

What did you say, and what was the response?

I responded with equal but managed aggression (years of being a bouncer give you these skills), asking if they thought their language was acceptable in front of kids "it's not my kid, kids don't know what paedophiles are, you're just a f***ing poof" were 3 replies that stand out and when I told them they'd said it in front of my kid the reply was "where's his other dad"

I had the absolute pleasure of being on the 17.28 from Brighton with 3 young teenage Leicester fans.

Not only were they very articulate and kowlegeable about football in general, Leicester, and where we have come from and where we are now, they offered their seats to myself and my son in law even though they knew we were getting off in 2 stops.

Proper football fans and an absolute credit to their club.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
The sad thing is SOME football fans are very uneducated and don't know right from wrong. I have a guy behind me who uses every word under the sun, including the C word and the scary thing is its not just the children around him that he hasn't considered its his own son who is not much older that 2 or 3... I mean maybe hes taught his kid the right and wrong time to use such words (if theres such a thing) but I highly doubt it.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Are you referring to the lads who were in the wrong queue then walked off up the hill and then started getting lairy? One of whom then mooned us.

If so, that was an exchange which confirmed us as a bunch of softies. And I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. We taunted them with a bit of "1-0 to the Albion" and "You're too ugly to be gay", but those idiots were spoiling for a fight. I would have got myself stuck in should it have kicked off, to defend fellow Albion fans, but there was no need to cause a scene. Ignore them, let it pass. Nothing wrong with the moral highground. Point out to your kids that that behaviour is how the thick behave and that they should never do the same.

2 in black superdry jackets, one in a grey jacket were the younger ones. Do you have kids NE? Do YOU think that behaviour is acceptable literally 4 feet in front of children? Thing is these idiots shut up after I confronted them so I'd say it was better to do what I did rather than ignore it and let someone else put up with their vile rubbish :shrug:

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting

Sorry mate, but the Albion are trying to promote themselves as a family orientated club, homophobic bullshit is not acceptable in front of kids, anybody that thinks otherwise can f***off in my opinion

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I had the absolute pleasure of being on the 17.28 from Brighton with 3 young teenage Leicester fans.

Not only were they very articulate and kowlegeable about football in general, Leicester, and where we have come from and where we are now, they offered their seats to myself and my son in law even though they knew we were getting off in 2 stops.

Proper football fans and an absolute credit to their club.

I have no doubt whatsoever the "fans" I confronted are in the minority and that the vast majority are thoroughly decent.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
f***ing animals, let me guess, the queue was full of fans with children/older people/people with crutches etc? Usually about 12/14 of us get the p&r home to the racehill but today we had to go our separate ways for different reasons. None of us would want any trouble but with most of the group being veterans of the mid/late eighties would not walk away from it. Personally I hate violence at football now I'm 43 (thought it was big & clever in my teens/early twentys) but would have a made an exception in this case. Getting off the bus in the dark they probably wouldn't have been so forthcoming with their pathetic comments. Tossers! Good for the op for speaking up

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

What a f***ing moronic statement. How old are you? I sincerely hope you change your tune if you ever become a father yourself. Deary me. :nono:

ps Well done to the OP for confronting these gobby cretins. I'm sure your son will respect you far more for speaking out (& stopping short of using violence) - rather than doing sweet FA. I hope you get in contact with the club over this - as it sounds like they need to up their game in order to stamp this crap out.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
ps Well done to the OP for confronting these gobby cretins. I'm sure your son will respect you far more for speaking out (& stopping short of using violence) - rather than doing sweet FA. I hope you get in contact with the club over this - as it sounds like they need to up their game in order to stamp this crap out.

Thanks TT, tbh my boy is still a bit shaken up because he has never seen/heard me like that (and he associates me raising my voice with him being in big trouble), as I posted a bit earlier I'm a bit annoyed with myself for exposing him to that side of me but me and mrs have explained that daddy is ok and that the nasty men I shouted at weren't taught how to behave nicely :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here