Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SOME Leicester fans are a disgrace

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
In the queue for racehill p&r a group of 5 thought it acceptable to broadcast that Brighton fans are all "f***ing poofters, paedophiles" and all the other unoriginal crap they could muster - right in front of my 8 year old boy along with the other kids in the queue. The 3 younger ones (early 20s) were the ones mouthing off but I was astounded that the 2 older ones (early 50s) said and did nothing until I confronted the younger ones, and yes it was in an aggressive manner - I don't find it acceptable to use that language in front of kids under any circumstances. My questions are (1) this happened IN FULL VIEW and within hearing of the stewards at the front of the queue yet NOTHING was done, and (2) how come I was the only person to speak up?

Rant over

D

Deleted member 22389

In the queue for racehill p&r a group of 5 thought it acceptable to broadcast that Brighton fans are all "f***ing poofters, paedophiles" and all the other unoriginal crap they could muster - right in front of my 8 year old boy along with the other kids in the queue. The 3 younger ones (early 20s) were the ones mouthing off but I was astounded that the 2 older ones (early 50s) said and did nothing until I confronted the younger ones, and yes it was in an aggressive manner - I don't find it acceptable to use that language in front of kids under any circumstances. My questions are (1) this happened IN FULL VIEW and within hearing of the stewards at the front of the queue yet NOTHING was done, and (2) how come I was the only person to speak up?

Rant over

Your right that is completely wrong. :nono: What is it with some of these dick heads.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The stewards just seem to ignore this sort of thing.seen similar things a couple of times.

D

Deleted member 22389

I think the stewards are too scared to get involved. One day someone is going to get in serious shit. Why is it ok to go around shouting poofters?
I suppose the only think you could do is report this to the FA. They are slowly starting to take a tough line on all this now. If these idiots where shouting about the colour of someones skin, they would be sliced in half end of.

D

Deleted member 22389

And that's the problem. They like to call it banter, its just a weak excuse so they can keep on saying it. The truth is they probably hate Gay people and this why it needs to come to an end. And when this is said it front of kids, how is this affecting them. Needs to be stamped out.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Rant over
Well done for speaking up, my 6 year old son and I had all this after the Birmingham (away) match. To be fair it was other Birmingham fans who backed me up when I told them to watch their language. Probably a case of very low intelligence and a poor upbringing.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The stewards just seem to ignore this sort of thing.seen similar things a couple of times.

I'm fuming, tbh I hadn't thought about the stewards until I got home. Thing is that I'd have done exactly the same thing if my son wasn't with me. I'm not for one minute suggesting that ALL Leicester fans are scum but the 5 I had dealings with today are IMO.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Wasn't there some big announcement the other day about the FA clamping down on this kind of bullshit? Ok, they were clearly pushed by that BBC documentary by Justin Fashanu's niece, but it's still a public commitment. Unless I've got that wrong of course (which is very possible) but in any case, well done for taking a stand.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Exactly but people say it's banter. When it crosses the line it is no longer banter.

It's not banter when you're goading a queue of people and stood in front of a child, I'm annoyed with myself for letting my boy see "that" side of me when I confronted these idiots.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Perhaps dealing with such issues is an aspect missed out of the training for those at the P&R?- you should contact the club about the incident

Sep 1, 2010
I thought they were shit away supporters. I spoke to one Leicester fan outside the stadium pre match and after a few grunts i decided enough was enough. Well done on speaking out [MENTION=12864]upthealbion1970[/MENTION]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not banter when you're goading a queue of people and stood in front of a child, I'm annoyed with myself for letting my boy see "that" side of me when confronted these idiots.

I agree with you and have said similar on Nsc before but been told that it's not homophobic but banter.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I know waht you mean but like what matt lucas said does your boyfriend here those songs etc are banter but when it turns to paedofiles and poofters meant in an agressive manner its not banter anymore its taking it too far its not banter its just vile homophobic abuse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here