Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some hard truths for the UKIP supporters...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
.....or whichever is the greater or easier to obtain....

Yep, you're right. They pop up at Dover council offices and say "give us a house for free and a couple of hundred quid a week" and the council just hand it over.

Or do they?

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes, 37% of people in parts of southern spain are without work. That is a problem for all of us. Now, shall we fix it together?

We can fix it together yes, if the EU actually did something about illegal immigration to begin with. The EU is responsible for driving people and driving poverty, nothing else.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We can fix it together yes, if the EU actually did something about illegal immigration to begin with. The EU is responsible for driving people and driving poverty, nothing else.

I agree, we need to fix it together.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I don't buy the arguments against immigration. It benefits the economy. People just don't like living next door to people who weren't born here.

IMO it all boils down to trust.

People struggle to trust their local councillors and MPs, let alone some guy from France voting on an issue which can directly affect us. The perceived power shift from us to them makes people uncomfortable. They choose to ignore the facts and instead focus on Pierre telling us that we can't have our potatoes in pounds and ounces any more.

And I totally understand why people feel this way. I just wish the parties were presenting us with a clearer view of what the benefits/problems with the EU actually are and what we can do about them. This whole IN/OUT stuff is really starting to divide people when it shouldn't be like that. I'd like to see people really start talking about the issues, instead of anecdotal crap and made up facts to support their own agendas.

Jan 30, 2008
I find it amazing the constant piss taking, name calling that people have had to put up with because they support UKIP. I repeat, I wish people would look at the bigger picture, and see what is really happening in the EU, not just the economy but also the issues around illegal immigration. What is happening here will effect us all eventually. Why is the EU not doing more to stop these people leaving their countries, work with these countries outside the EU to control the borders. The EU gets paid enough money in membership fees don't they, and where is the hundreds of millions we send in foreign aid every year going.

Laugh and name call all you like, but what UKIP says make sense. The door is open to hundreds of millions of people. Look at the stories below. You have to feel sorry for these people, but the EU can't keep going on like this, we can't keep going on like this, especially if the end result is more and more people come here.

http://www.independent.com.mt/artic...itate-migrant-flood-toward-europe-4941283328/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-trying-Europe-says-HELP-unless-gets-aid.html
biggest culprit daveinprague some one who doesn't live here ,"POINTING AND LAUGHING ":) UKIP to reclaim some credibility within the UK :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You don't have a credible response to my point so you resort to the tried and tested method of deliberate (and blatantly obvious) misreading of my post, well done, what's next , a critique of my punctuation ?

Because you're a boring man with boring views.

Whereas at bashlsdir talks about the EU's inability to address issues and then need to address them, you're a one trick pony focused wholly on a Little Islander approach.

I'll disagree and debate stuff with posters like bashlsdir, but not with chaps like you - it's a waste of time. You're an old world sort of bloke with a closed view of modern society and the challenges we face.

Oh, and your post was barely coherent.

I don't believe in putting people on ignore lists, but if I did, you'd be top of the list.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't buy the arguments against immigration. It benefits the economy. People just don't like living next door to people who weren't born here.

IMO it all boils down to trust.

People struggle to trust their local councillors and MPs, let alone some guy from France voting on an issue which can directly affect us. The perceived power shift from us to them makes people uncomfortable. They choose to ignore the facts and instead focus on Pierre telling us that we can't have our potatoes in pounds and ounces any more.

And I totally understand why people feel this way. I just wish the parties were presenting us with a clearer view of what the benefits/problems with the EU actually are and what we can do about them. This whole IN/OUT stuff is really starting to divide people when it shouldn't be like that. I'd like to see people really start talking about the issues, instead of anecdotal crap and made up facts to support their own agendas.

I think we need more people like you pushing this point home. I agree.

There are problems with the EU, but just saying 'let's get out of Europe' is a knee jerk reaction that could do more damage than good.

We live in a world of polar politics. IN or OUT, YES or NO. It's never like that is it. It's complex, but politicians and our media don't like complex. They like to dumb it down to get the best stories and lines.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You are being far to simplistic here,you forgot to mention the most common factor regarding Tea Party members,they are mostly christian and super uber religious,their agenda on gay marriage and abortion are based purely on religious grounds,their views on climate change are tainted by their views(rightly or wrongly) that the resulting laws involve too much government involvement.....which they hate,and as for anti immigration i thought they were against illegal immigration not anti immigration and for a massive crackdown on communities where illegal immigration had been allowed to flourish(notably the mexicans) not against immigration per say.UKIP has about as much in common with The Tea Party as Milliband does with Scargill.

But here is the main problem we now have in this country,people like you simply dismiss people that wish to vote UKIP as "poorly educated".....this is the view point of the utterly patronising. It is this viewpoint along with previous Labour and Tory policies on Europe that has led to the rise of UKIP.

We are almost at a point now the negatives people are throwing at UKIP,alongside the refusal to debate with them (apart from Clegg) is just having a negative effect and causing more support.

And you are being far too selective in your response; "poorly educated" was identified alongside "older" and "socially conservative" as one of 3 key characteristics of a UKIP supporter. A combination of those three attributes would cover the overwhelming majority of UKIP voters, as they would the Tea Party. Your points about the Tea Party's religion zeal and big government aversion are valid but equally applicable to UKIP (albeit in a less significant fashion).

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Because you're a boring man with boring views.

Whereas at bashlsdir talks about the EU's inability to address issues and then need to address them, you're a one trick pony focused wholly on a Little Islander approach.

I'll disagree and debate stuff with posters like bashlsdir, but not with chaps like you - it's a waste of time. You're an old world sort of bloke with a closed view of modern society and the challenges we face.

Oh, and your post was barely coherent.

I don't believe in putting people on ignore lists, but if I did, you'd be top of the list.

As I said , you don't have a credible response, so you refuse to answer.

PS could you replace little islander with little Englander ? I need it for my game of nsc bingo.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As I said , you don't have a credible response, so you refuse to answer.

PS could you replace little islander with little Englander ? I need it for my game of nsc bingo.

yawning__1220901657_91071.jpg

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Quite funny that the originating blog owner, who first published what Nibble started the thread with, had a visit from the police about it!!!!! Despite no illegal act being committed. Brilliant. Somebody within UKIP complained to the police about it...

In other 'news'....BNP brand UKIP as racist...
and
'The British-born Indian poster girl of Ukip's youth wing sensationally quit on Tuesday, accusing Nigel Farage's party of "racist" cynicism.'

:smile:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
[/QUOTE=daveinprague;6347568]
'The British-born Indian poster girl of Ukip's youth wing sensationally quit on Tuesday, accusing Nigel Farage's party of "racist" cynicism.'

:smile:[/QUOTE]
You mean this girl ? The one who was accused of " betraying her skin colour" by the other interviewee, who knows what pressure she has been put under , what a wonderful advert for our asylum system he was by the way
Do you think someone should point out to him that Ethiopia/Eritrea was an Italian colony ?

http://www.channel4.com/news/do-non-white-britons-feel-more-english-or-british-video

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bash knows the score...I agree with him.
Immigrant...the right to claim asylum in the FIRST free country he lands in...not trudge thousands of miles to get to the land of council house and Benefits. If they can support themselves no problem with that...health benefit tourism ought to be stopped as well. After a serious operation I had in the bed next to me some middle east guy who insisted on calling on Allah to save him at 1 in the morning in a very loud voice. Await the comments of little Englander...hey that's not so bad...my country first.
But to me it is more about the EU and what it cost..£165billion a year for what? Trade...right we import MORE than we export to the EU and the EU has never written off it's accounts...too much fiddling somewher. But each to his own,let's wait and see what the European elections bring.

Don't quite understand why you have to make reference to guy next to you other than maybe he is a foreigner. You make no mention as to whether he was on benefits, working for a living etc, even whether he may have been a British muslim! The reference to him makes no difference to the general point you were making. Perhaps if the guy was ill he should have been left on the streets so you could step over him!!!

As for trade, I believe historically, we have almost always imported more than we have exported.

The only valid point you make is that the EU accounts have never been signed off!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
again, I see no relevance Bushy...what has that got to do with her, leaving the UKIP....advising others to do the same....citing racism within UKIP....or was your gumflapping just derail the question, as usual?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You don't have a credible response to my point so you resort to the tried and tested method of deliberate (and blatantly obvious) misreading of my post, well done, what's next , a critique of my punctuation ?

Look Hamilton isn't going to do it, so I will. Why have you left a space between the end of the word next and the comma that should not be there anyway? Then there is the space between the word punctuation and the question mark that should be there.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Look Hamilton isn't going to do it, so I will. Why have you left a space between the end of the word next and the comma that should not be there anyway? Then there is the space between the word punctuation and the question mark that should be there.
I'm obviously one of the poorly educated people that el pres refers to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here