Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some hard truths for the UKIP supporters...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Catastrophic for unemployment as those businesses would leave the UK

I believe your right,i think it all comes down to balance,we must remain in Europe,but at the same time retain a certain level of independence.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I believe your right,i think it all comes down to balance,we must remain in Europe,but at the same time retain a certain level of independence.

If we leave the EU I am pretty sure I would lose my job.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
As an aside, those are all either priority policies or suggested policies by UKIP party members over the last few years. Now, I'm not saying if they ever got into power (snigger) they would come into being what I am saying is that for these policy suggestions to have even entered a political party members head is a fair indication the party is bonkers.

So you are lying once again then because they are not policies that are current and will never will be .... But I'm sure the other two parties will come up with some equally bad ones ... Labour has already regretted allowing so many immigrants in but they still will probably set something in the manifesto to open the flood gates again

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Ignorance is bliss as that is called globalisation of economies

But Labour, Tories, Lib Dems keep banging their drums saying we'll lose thousands of jobs if we leave the EU and must stay in to save them but we're already are losing them by staying in.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But Labour, Tories, Lib Dems keep banging their drums saying we'll lose thousands of jobs if we leave the EU and must stay in to save them but we're already are losing them by staying in.

What that is happens all around the world and Is called market forces and labour costs, it has absolutely nothing to do with being in the EU or not.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Lets hope that does not happen,i don't wish that for anybody.

Oh, I don't know. I wouldn't mind the EU closing ONE of their two parliaments with the attendant loss of a few thousand European civil servants who currently spend half of the year on holiday and the other half arsing about.

I don't want Beach hut to lose his job obvs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are you Hermann van Rumpooy?

No, but the majority of my company is based in the EU therefore we would be in difficulty straight away in the UK. Adjacent to our offices is Santander UK HQ where 70% of the workers are Spanish so perhaps my current bank would disappear as well.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What that is happens all around the world and Is called market forces and labour costs, it has absolutely nothing to do with being in the EU or not.

But how many thousands of jobs have been lost to oversea call centres, probably more then we would lose if we left the eu

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But how many thousands of jobs have been lost to oversea call centres, probably more then we would lose if we left the eu

I do not buy that and also do not see how being in the EU has caused that. It is because labour is cheaper in India hence my companies does all HR there and most finance in Poland however we are a global company.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So you wouldn't mind leaving the EU then as it's no benefit to us is it?

Emphatically 100% against leaving the EU as we have people from all over the EU in our UK company and quite a few of us work in the EU when and if required or globally.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I do not buy that and also do not see how being in the EU has caused that. It is because labour is cheaper in India hence my companies does all HR there and most finance in Poland however we are a global company.

Yes but how many people lost there jobs for them to go there, all the major banks, telecoms, power suppliers etc etc, I have been there and we are talking massive numbers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes but how many people lost there jobs for them to go there, all the major banks, telecoms, power suppliers etc etc, I have been there and we are talking massive numbers

But that is market forces, if you pay staff more then that eats into margin. We moved a Help Desk from London to another part of the UK as recruiting staff was too expensive.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
UKIP seems extremely popular in the middle class, middle England over 65's. The group that probably have benefited from Europe more than anyone else.

Its a sort of hybrid between a Victor Meldrew party and a Middle Class BNP...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here