Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some Goals from the withdean years

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well we didn't give him away did we?

Palace just gave him a better contract.

Anyway, he may come back in 18 months. You never know.

Albion Rob

Obviously it's all pretty annoying seeing him do so well for them but to be fair CMS was top scorer in the same division as Murray the year we went up. I can think of better players we could have got but on a like for like basis there was reason to think CMS could be the better buy.

Also, wasn't the problem that we weren't prepared to bust our wage structure rather than not wanting to stump up or GM per se? You could argue that having him banging goals in left right and centre would make him worth the cash but for dressing room harmony a lot of other players would need to be on similar or more, and I can't see how that's sustainable it this level (Palace won't go up).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Another long standing member of the NSC that can only contribute abuse to a thread, there is a pattern emerging here

The problem is that most of us are sick of these threads. What purpose do they serve except to wind people up? We can't change what's happened in the past. Most of us agree that it was a bad decision (in retrospect) but don't want to churn it over several times a week.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Evening all. I've just watched Jurassic Park for the millionth time. I just love it. My favourite scenes are the kitchen scene, the bit with the arm and when Muldoon says "Clever Girl..."

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
The OP is a Palace prick posing as a BHA fan. A good, honest, handsome, discerning and very occasionally lucid BHA fan like Cheeky Monkey gets banned on here for pointing this out while this idiot is free to post what he likes under the guise of being a Brighton fan and the mods do nothing. Go figure NSC!

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It's all hypothetical that he would have been able to produce such prolific form for us.

He could have smashed in another 50 goals by now or he could have stagnated. Who knows?

We don't know whether he really did want to stay, do we?

He can't POSSIBLY have done any worse than the Alex Revell wannabe we brought in instead though could he? Because I just don't think that is possible.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I agree but that decision was made by greedy businessmen,not the manager of the team

Pretty sure it's down to the money men how much a player is offered.

Go play with your toys you boring prick.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The OP is a Palace prick posing as a BHA fan. A good, honest, handsome, discerning and very occasionally lucid BHA fan like Cheeky Monkey gets banned on here for pointing this out while this idiot is free to post what he likes under the guise of being a Brighton fan and the mods do nothing. Go figure NSC!

Did Cheeky get banned? I didn't notice that!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I had forgotten just HOW seriously good he was.

We should have moved heaven and earth to keep him as an Albion player. If we hadn't made the playoffs last year with him in the team, we would most certainly be in an automatic promotion place this season. And somehow I think the value of promotion to the Premier League would have done more than enough to offset his salary demands!

Shockingly bad decision by the club.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
At least the thread had a video attached to it unlike the other countless FFS threads. I actually enjoyed this one. Nice to see all those goals again... Yes, undoubtedly one of the worst transfer related things to happen to the Albion ever. Hey Ho, onwards and upwards. It'll all be forgotten or less painfull when we finally get a replacement. Hopefully Ulloa will be that man.

He`s looking good so far,just hope he can start hitting the back of the net on a regular basis from here on in

&#55357;&#56905;&#55357;&#56905;&#55357;&#56905;&#55357;&#56905;
&#55357;&#56905;&#55357;&#56905;&#55357;&#56905;&#55357;&#56905;

This is supposed to be lots of little men making a silly humming noise whilst uttering "I can't hear you, I can't hear you" like kids in a playground. I propose that this be the mark of the "I am heartily sick of Murray related threads" society.

He is gone - deal with it!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I had forgotten just HOW seriously good he was.

I was going to post the very same last night.

Powerful, clinical and very skilful - he scores goals from all over the shop.

I can see why we Gus decided we had no use for him here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here