Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March - What does he actually do?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
This is such a dumb thread and should be renamed.

Not really a fan of calling out a player like this in the title. And judging from what I’ve read this season, most of NSC agree Solly’s been rejuvenated this season since moving to wing back.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I thought he played well. One of our better performers in this game and the season so far. He looks comfortable at LWB and while I was in the we need a new LWB camp over the summer I'd be perfectly happy if we didn't get one in January either. Or rather if we only got back up for Solly. He thoroughly deserves his place in the starting line up.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Doesn’t create chances, goals to games ratio which is abject at best, hasn’t got a right foot and still can’t beat the first man on a corner or free-kick.

What does he actually do?

Every player has a shelf life and I think his best before date expired three years ago.

Time to step up or step out Solly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last season I would have agreed.

This season he has been great.

Jul 20, 2003
for the third time in 5 games he played better than anyone in the other team.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
He has good chances stolen from his foot by fluffmonger Maupay.

The only way that would be true is if Solly has a right foot.

Not a chance Solly would have even shot with his right .... been one of our better performers this season but his inability to use his right is an issue and makes him sometimes easy to defend against.

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
The only aspect of Solly's play that needs improvement is taking a shot when the opportunity arises. He's too timid in that respect. The rest of his game, technique, ball retention, positional play, passing, defensive ability, those positive attributes to his game all adhere to a very competent LWB. He's like a new player. A definite upgrade to Solly the left winger and he's no mug in that position either. Wood for the trees.......

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The only aspect of Solly's play that needs improvement is taking a shot when the opportunity arises. He's too timid in that respect. The rest of his game, technique, ball retention, positional play, passing, defensive ability, those positive attributes to his game all adhere to a very competent LWB. He's like a new player. A definite upgrade to Solly the left winger and he's no mug in that position either. Wood for the trees.......

Solly the LWB with Izquierdo in front.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I didn't think Solly played that well today, but he's had a really good season apart from that

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't think Solly played that well today, but he's had a really good season apart from that

CP seemed to flood both sides with bodies, so on our left in their half Trossard/March/Lallana were harried by three or four frantic shuttle sprinters (CMS on steroids). My take was that March and Lallana rose to the challenge, had great ball retention and patiently made openings for others.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
CP seemed to flood both sides with bodies, so on our left in their half Trossard/March/Lallana were harried by three or four frantic shuttle sprinters (CMS on steroids). My take was that March and Lallana rose to the challenge, had great ball retention and patiently made openings for others.

Absolutely this.

Palace are very well organised and very hard to break down.
Solly frequently had 2 or 3 around him, but managed to keep the ball and make decent opportunities.

The age old tropes Solly doen't take on his man" and "He just stops and passes backwards" were battered time and time again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here