Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
On the day of the QPR game the first team of the cricket club my oldest boy plays for had a game against Chiddingly. I got a text from the club chairman asking if my lad wanted to sub field for the firsts as they’d had an injury. He couldn’t as we were already in London for the friendly. My son was gutted to miss a chance to play for the firsts even as a sub fielder, imagine how much more gutted he was when he found out Solly has turned up to watch the match as well.

Thankfully we bumped into Solly before the Crawley game on Tuesday and he managed to get a photo with him.
Yeah, that was the game I spoke to him at. Fair play to him turning up in the rain to watch his team in Division 4 East of the SCL though.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Any idea on when Solly's likely to be making a return? We need some talent on the right wing. Minteh out of his depth and Adingra had a poor game today.
Hopefully not too much longer. If hes even 85% of the player he was before the injury he walks into that RW role for me.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Any idea on when Solly's likely to be making a return? We need some talent on the right wing. Minteh out of his depth and Adingra had a poor game today.
It’s amazing fans give March 11 seasons to score seven goals and think he’s the nuts. 19 year old (obvious talent) Minteh is decided to be out of his depth after five games in league he’s not used to :facepalm:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It’s amazing fans give March 11 seasons to score seven goals and think he’s the nuts. 19 year old (obvious talent) Minteh is decided to be out of his depth after five games in league he’s not used to :facepalm:
More a case of Minteh not being ready for EPL yet. Solly will need quite a few weeks/matches to get match fit.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
March had opportunities because, quite often, we didn't have better. That said, his last few seasons he has been matured and become the player we all hoped he would be. Fully fit, I'd play him ahead of both Adingra and Minteh.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

The problem isn’t Minteh but the fact the club signed Minteh for £30m~ where as we signed Solly from Lewes for as good as free and made him “one of our own”.

Minteh’s price tag comes with pressure and that’s a shame for him and us as it is very hard to look beyond that. I think once he settles in a bit more and the fans forget about top 6 / Europe it’ll be easier for all the new signings to play with a bit more freedom. There was a fluidity to Minteh in preseason which he doesn’t seem to have atm but I suppose we should remember he got a knock in games week 1, as well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
March had opportunities because, quite often, we didn't have better. That said, his last few seasons he has been matured and become the player we all hoped he would be. Fully fit, I'd play him ahead of both Adingra and Minteh.
RDZ told March he was brilliant and suddenly he was brilliant. Scored more goals in a few months than previous years. Seven of his 21 league goals were all scored in one of his eleven seasons.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
its no suprise Minteh will not look as good at home as away where he has some pitch to run into and teams are not camped on the edge of there box.

The same goes for all our attacking players

Minteh will start at Chelsea for sure and rightly so.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Was also a decent cricketer by all accounts. Ah the six bells after? What a pub and what memories…….
Going completely off-topic, I saw the film “Lee” this week (about photographer Lee Miller) which made me poke around Wikipedia for info of the artistic set at Farley Farm in Chiddingly. There’s an apocryphal story of Picasso in 1950 going into the Six Bells offering to pay for his pint with a drawing. The landlord refused suggesting he pay with money like everyone else…….

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yaay!

Discussing Gruda and wideman Solly March, who has been a long-term absentee with a knee injury, Hurzeler said: “They trained very well this week. They might be an option for the weekend.”

Brighton v Spurs Press Conference

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is great news but makes the signing of all three of Gruda, Minteh and Rutter even odder. A squad that has too many options at RW or RF but falls to bits when one centre back gets injured isn’t balanced.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Great to hear. Much prefer this thread title though - used to make me smile when it appeared on the front page!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Going completely off-topic, I saw the film “Lee” this week (about photographer Lee Miller) which made me poke around Wikipedia for info of the artistic set at Farley Farm in Chiddingly. There’s an apocryphal story of Picasso in 1950 going into the Six Bells offering to pay for his pint with a drawing. The landlord refused suggesting he pay with money like everyone else…….

I saw a Lee Miller photo exhibition here in Almería a few months back. Really interesting, especially the WWII war era shots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here