Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
What other live scores are updated on the club's Match Centre web site?

The WSL game was earlier. Compare these two screen shots one from the club website, one from the Sky Sports Football app. They are identical (apart from the order) which shows they come from the same central source.

IMG_4951.jpeg

IMG_4950.jpeg

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
OK, cheers - see my post 1601 just above yours!
I think there was some confusion in the semi recent past too with the BBC showing a wrong formation, with players all out of position, and me explaining that again this is all centralised and guesswork - very likely AI driven - from a central source which companies simply pay to have access to, same as the live text.

For example sometimes it’ll show Dunk in midfield or would show Groß up front or something. I imagine it’s all off-shore.

The live text feed is very probably the same or similar to those used by bookies.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
I think there was some confusion in the semi recent past too with the BBC showing a wrong formation, with players all out of position, and me explaining that again this is all centralised and guesswork - very likely AI driven - from a central source which companies simply pay to have access to, same as the live text.

For example sometimes it’ll show Dunk in midfield or would show Groß up front or something. I imagine it’s all off-shore.

The live text feed is very probably the same or similar to those used by bookies.
Sports Data collection isn’t advanced enough yet that it’s AI driven, but when you see players in completely the wrong positions it’s usually a novice data collector just getting it wrong.

The live text commentary is programmatic with predefined text templates based on the events collected by the data collector. It’s weird though that they’d have logic to assume any sub made in the first half is through injury though.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He played 25 minutes for U21s today - so it's pretty unlikely!
I wonder if he’ll be on the bench so he can get a welcome back from the fans when he appears out of the tunnel? Maybe even 5 minutes at the end ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here