Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sold the best players, shit in defence, shit in attack, with a shit manager and in real trouble

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Whilst I may not be 100% objective I was astonished at the Guehi love-in that unfolded at the Euros. He was directly responsible for 2 of the goals England conceded and used his undoubted pace to recover from errors on at least 2 other occasions.
Spain's winner in the final resulted from Guehi booting the ball into touch to concede possession and then, 20 seconds later, letting Oyazabal run past him to score the near post winner. He completed lots of 5 yard passes to unmarked teammates though.
He completed lots of world class 5 yard passes to unmarked teammates you meant to say.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whilst I may not be 100% objective I was astonished at the Guehi love-in that unfolded at the Euros. He was directly responsible for 2 of the goals England conceded and used his undoubted pace to recover from errors on at least 2 other occasions.
Spain's winner in the final resulted from Guehi booting the ball into touch to concede possession and then, 20 seconds later, letting Oyazabal run past him to score the near post winner. He completed lots of 5 yard passes to unmarked teammates though.

He was very involved in the entire defence getting naively sucked to one touchline on repeat, in a couple of games, creating opposition chances. He/they did not deserve to be crowned champions.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I don't want Palace to go down.

If they end up in the Championship it will be easy for them to just focus on the championship drama and ignore the Premier league. This will not do, I want them present to witness our glory!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don't want Palace to go down.

If they end up in the Championship it will be easy for them to just focus on the championship drama and ignore the Premier league. This will not do, I want them present to witness our glory!
Dougie will be posting no VAR proper football grounds and 12k home gates is way better 🤣

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I might be in a minority here but I love a derby game. If we were guaranteed to play them in a cup every season, though…
No, f*** them. I hope we never play them again. Ever.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Palace always start badly. Didn’t they lose 7 in a row once and still comfortably stay up?
That was our first season in the Premier League when they had the De Boer experiment and sacked him after about 5 games. Hodgson did a decent job in turning them around but I think the significant factor was that Zaha missed the first 7 games that season. Once he was back they started scoring goals and picking up points.

They don’t always start badly and this looks like being their worst start since then. Could be interesting as they haven’t got a talismanic player like Zaha or Olise imminently returning from injury to look forward to this time.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I can’t argue against the threads title.

All I would say is Olise was always going and is ripping up the German league, Anderson the money he wanted we would not pay and it was a fair bit of money we got for him.

I won’t judge Wharton his only a kid, but Kamala looks a poor buy.

And just one more thing….its only September, in my experience wait till March before talking about relegation ( even though we looked shite today )
Do you think it's a personnel issue or a Glasner one? Or both? Olise and Andersen obviously huge misses but the way Palace were playing towards the end of last season, they looked like they had enough to carry it on without them.

I thought Kamada would be perfect for the PL and was annoyed he'd signed for you tbh, looked great business on paper. Early days yet.

Of course we all know deep down we'll probably still lose against you at home and end up below you, but it takes a bit of the pain away from our own shortcomings for the moment 😂

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Do you think it's a personnel issue or a Glasner one? Or both? Olise and Andersen obviously huge misses but the way Palace were playing towards the end of last season, they looked like they had enough to carry it on without them.

I thought Kamada would be perfect for the PL and was annoyed he'd signed for you tbh, looked great business on paper. Early days yet.

Of course we all know deep down we'll probably still lose against you at home and end up below you, but it takes a bit of the pain away from our own shortcomings for the moment 😂
Palace go on winning runs only at the end of the season when everyone else is on the beach.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can’t argue against the threads title.

All I would say is Olise was always going and is ripping up the German league, Anderson the money he wanted we would not pay and it was a fair bit of money we got for him.

I won’t judge Wharton his only a kid, but Kamala looks a poor buy.

And just one more thing….its only September, in my experience wait till March before talking about relegation ( even though we looked shite today )
I hadn't heard that Andersen was demanding a new contract.
Agreed you got decent money for him . But It just sounds like the sort of ITK fan forum reasons for getting rid of an important player, that saves the club's blushes when things go wrong.

Olise was always going to be a big miss.
Zaha levels of importance to Palace. Eze is a bit of a luxury player, but Olise was always class.

No one expects you to get relegated.
Beaky will make sure of that, one way or another.

However, It is fun to watch, many of your fans reactions, after the "European push" comments, following a few good results at the fag end of last season.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
IMG_1725.jpeg

Narrator: it stopped.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Warhammer :tears2:

hey hey hey what is right is right ohgod here he is
Up next

Live
Upcoming

CancelPlay now

Include playlist

An error occurred while retrieving sharing information. Please try again later.

Watch Later

Copy link

hqdefault.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here