Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sold the best players, shit in defence, shit in attack, with a shit manager and in real trouble

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Based on the late form last year I honestly thought they'd be pushing for the top 6 this year. Without a win so far and it's difficult to see where their next win comes from.

The promoted teams look like they will give it a good go this year and the likes of us, Fulham, Bournemouth and Forest look pretty solid. Could be tough for teams like Palace, Wolves and West Ham who have started poorly

Last edited:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I can’t argue against the threads title.

All I would say is Olise was always going and is ripping up the German league, Anderson the money he wanted we would not pay and it was a fair bit of money we got for him.

I won’t judge Wharton his only a kid, but Kamala looks a poor buy.

And just one more thing….its only September, in my experience wait till March before talking about relegation ( even though we looked shite today )

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I was looking at the arse end of the league and was surprised to find our friends up the road stinking out the league again.

This is astonishing for a team that apparently none of our players are good enough to get in with a manger with top European pedigree.

I am sure the big push for Europa or champions league football this season is just around the corner and the miserable three points they have amassed over a winnable run of fixtures is just designed to fool everyone into thinking they are just going to hang around the bottom end of the table again just doing the bare minimum to stay up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
West Ham have 1 win so far this season.
It was against Palace.

Everton have 1 win this season so far.
It was against Palace.

Brentford have 2 wins this season, so far.
1 was against Palaceo.

I can see a pattern developing here.

The forever London biased football media in the summer were full of “It’s now a case of how long 2010Ltd can keep hold of Glasner”.

:wanker:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
They do look poor. Imagine if they got relegated?? 😀😀😀
I would like to think we would be very magnanimous about them falling on hard times and invite them to our lovely modern stadium for a summer derby friendly - and offer to give them some free football lessons and some Club memorabilia to remind them of their time in the Premier League.

I don’t think we should be arses about it.
🙂🙂🙂:cheery:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Yeah, but...

che-pal.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They do look very poor don’t they. The promoted sides (not Southampton) look alright so might be looking for two others. Wolves and Palace?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
They do look poor. Imagine if they got relegated?? 😀😀😀
Never gonna happen. They are ringfenced from relegation.
Roy will step in and save them.
It would be funny to see him return and get them back to playing proper turgid football again.
I was looking at the arse end of the league and was surprised to find our friends up the road stinking out the league again.

This is astonishing for a team that apparently none of our players are good enough to get in with a manger with top European pedigree.

I am sure the big push for Europa or champions league football this season is just around the corner and the miserable three points they have amassed over a winnable run of fixtures is just designed to fool everyone into thinking they are just going to hang around the bottom end of the table again just doing the bare minimum to stay up.
You misunderstand the genius of Beaky. This is what he wants people to believe. Now they are top 4 material, they will be having the traditional top team 'on the beach' period. Beaky has realised however that the best time to do this is at the start of the season so when they start their Champions League campaign late next summer they will be in top gear.

Beaky is a visionary. In addition to being the team of the 80s, they will be the team of the 30s due to having the league's best ever CEO, proven winner of a manager (nowhere near state retirement age) and a squad laden with world class players that gets upgraded every transfer window.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
What happened to “generational talent” Wharton?
I thought he looked their best player. If the rest of the team were a similar standard they'd be doing reasonably well less shit

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
....that's what I understand about Crystal Palace from a quick 5-minute scan of one of their forums.

Remember, kids: no matter how bad you think things are, there's always someone worse off than yourself.
Thank god I was about to use the NSC link to buy nappies on Amazon and get them delivered straight to you until I read the post 😂

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And yet we all know they will somehow scrape 17th or better come May.

The jammy bastards.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Guehi is not the same player without Anderson next to him - you know the one that took care of headers.
Whilst I may not be 100% objective I was astonished at the Guehi love-in that unfolded at the Euros. He was directly responsible for 2 of the goals England conceded and used his undoubted pace to recover from errors on at least 2 other occasions.
Spain's winner in the final resulted from Guehi booting the ball into touch to concede possession and then, 20 seconds later, letting Oyazabal run past him to score the near post winner. He completed lots of 5 yard passes to unmarked teammates though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here