Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solanke

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is this vikram Solanke for your rubbish Sussex cricket team?

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Hands off LOL...

Pleased for him though - funny isn't it when you actually play some games how you improve. But as discussed, whether he will be PL standard remains to be seen.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So the rumour goes. Which was partly why I thought we might go for him in the summer. I still think he’ll end up being a good player in the Prem. Everyone thought Calvert Lewin was s*** till this season.

FWIW, I didn't. What's come together this season -- or, perhaps better, this year -- is his finishing. Before that, he looked as though he had everything -- pace, strength, movement, stamina, running the channels, ability to play with his back to goal and quite incredible heading ability (pretty sure he got one against us at some point in our PL adventure) -- bar the thing that really mattered.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Scott Parker (who I think is a good manager) seems to have got him going. 11 goals so far this season, including one tonight, and starting to look like he might fire Bournemouth to the Prem. Still only 24.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Scott Parker (who I think is a good manager) seems to have got him going. 11 goals so far this season, including one tonight, and starting to look like he might fire Bournemouth to the Prem. Still only 24.

Bournemouth are welcome to him. I saw Mitrovic knocked in a hatty yesterday, taking him to 18 league goals for the season. He's got a very good chance of breaking Toney's 31 goal record this season, the man's on fire. He's unplayable at that level, but not good enough for the Premier League.

In other Fulham news, I see Knockaert still has no involvement on a match day for them which is very sad.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Bournemouth are welcome to him. I saw Mitrovic knocked in a hatty yesterday, taking him to 18 league goals for the season. He's got a very good chance of breaking Toney's 31 goal record this season, the man's on fire. He's unplayable at that level, but not good enough for the Premier League.

In other Fulham news, I see Knockaert still has no involvement on a match day for them which is very sad.

Meanwhile, Rhian Brewster still yet to score a goal of any description for Sheffield United in the league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

They off-loaded him to Forest last season. Perhaps they tried again this season but couldn't find a taker? They seem to be managing rather well without him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
16 goals in the Championship this season [emoji102]

Shows what a huge step up there is for the EFL to PL for goal scorers

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
16 goals in the Championship this season [emoji102]

Shows what a huge step up there is for the EFL to PL for goal scorers

Or more realistically shows how hard it can be for 21/22 year old strikers playing for a poor team in the PL.

He was always a good young player who needed a chance and patience. Some of the comments on here writing him off were a joke.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Or more realistically shows how hard it can be for 21/22 year old strikers playing for a poor team in the PL.

He was always a good young player who needed a chance and patience. Some of the comments on here writing him off were a joke.

That’s fair, but must weighed up with the fact he also did nothing when he came on for Liverpool……

Just a young player learning his trade with a long way to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here