Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soft Drinks in Pubs.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
In America, most pubs/bars give soft drinks for free in exchange for your car keys for the night. Bloody good idea and it baffles me why it doesn't happen over here. Surely pricey Coke isn't subsidising a pub's takings so much this would dent their profits?

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I was in a pub in Wolverhampton a few months ago that had free soft drinks for drivers every friday and Saturday night.

You had to hand your car keys over in return for a card which you had to show the at the bar for each drink and then to get your keys back they had a breathaliser machine and you had to pass to get your keys.

I thaught it was a well good idea!

Just seen this....

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I often ask for a pint of soda-water with a dash of blackcurrent or lime. I believe soda water is free so they should only charge for the shot of lime / blackcurrent.

Okay, not the same as coke, but less calories and more refreshing? 30p a pint is usual.

Anyone else try this.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I often ask for a pint of soda-water with a dash of blackcurrent or lime. I believe soda water is free so they should only charge for the shot of lime / blackcurrent.

Okay, not the same as coke, but less calories and more refreshing? 30p a pint is usual.

Anyone else try this.

Yeah, often when I used to go to pubs and had little money I would have lime & soda, 10p a half pint.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Anyone else try this.

The reason the water is free is because it is not soda water if it comes out of a pump but gassed ordinary tap water. If they sold proper soda water ie either from a bottle or soda syphon they would charge for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here