Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soft Drinks in Pubs.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Was in a pub last night and ordered a beer for myself and a pint of coke for my mate. Now the coke was served out of a 2 ltr bottle from the fridge marked £1.80 and was then charged £ 2.30 for the pint of coke!!

Can they do this, is it legal? Anyone out there know?

Thanks in advance.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Not legal. But I can't give you anymore information on this. Just know from talking with my local landlord.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Was in a pub last night and ordered a beer for myself and a pint of coke for my mate. Now the coke was served out of a 2 ltr bottle from the fridge marked £1.80 and was then charged £ 2.30 for the pint of coke!!

Can they do this, is it legal? Anyone out there know?

Thanks in advance.

This wasn't down the Albion, was it ?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You should try the White rabbit in north laine, £3.20 for a pint of coke (mostly ice) :angry: admitedly not from a bottle though.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Pint of Harveys and a pint of coke in the sportsman is about 4 quid!.Lovely i say.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Harbour View then presumably.
I've well and truley booted the Albion into touch now. Looked through the window the other day and saw they had a PORTABLE telly on top of the fag machine. Good effort. :facepalm:

The Midway is a cracking little boozer. Feeling quite at home there now.

Pint of Harveys and a pint of coke in the sportsman is about 4 quid!.Lovely i say.
Since Harvey's is £1.90 a pint, that makes a pint of Coke more expensive than beer.

Why?

If the answer is simply a decision by the management to get Coke drinkers to subsidise my Harvey's drinking, though ...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Since Harvey's is £1.90 a pint, that makes a pint of Coke more expensive than beer.

Why?

If the answer is simply a decision by the management to get Coke drinkers to subsidise my Harvey's drinking, though ...

But my point is that a pint of coke can be nearly twice that much.Oh and so can Harveys.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yup, its been refurbished. Very nicely done out, bouncy carpets and everything. Couple of nice chaps running it (they're NOT gay, as the younger bloke is at pains to point out).
Sky Sports / ESPN. Lots of free snacks on the bar Sunday lunchtimes. Pleasant atmosphere. Its a CHAV-free zone, caters for the slightly more mature clientel - ie old farts, like me, who don't like having a jukebox blairing.

Tis good.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I went past a pub in Bracknell today and they had a sign outside saying, Free Pepsi Refills. Good idea.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Yup, its been refurbished. Very nicely done out, bouncy carpets and everything. Couple of nice chaps running it (they're NOT gay, as the younger bloke is at pains to point out).
Sky Sports / ESPN. Lots of free snacks on the bar Sunday lunchtimes. Pleasant atmosphere. Its a CHAV-free zone, caters for the slightly more mature clientel - ie old farts, like me, who don't like having a jukebox blairing.

Tis good.

Any bitten off ears recently?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here