Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

soft boys

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I have sat up there twice for Palace and West Ham - but we lost both times!!! I'm reluctant to go up there again but I think for this one I actually might go up there again as I reckon it's got to be warmer up there than it was yesterday in Row D WSL.

it was freezing yesterday.....

Jan 30, 2008
I think the issue is that the there are a lot of season ticket holders that are hot die hard fans and have a high disposal income.
The diehard fans will always go no matter what.
And for those who's season tickets cost a significant part of their "entertainment fund" feel compelled to go to justify the outlay to ensure they get value for money.

But the season tickets holder that do not fall into this categories pick and choose which games to attend, being cold it just one reason they don't attend.
The knuckle dragging reference in response to your suggestion there were "soft boys" for not attending a football match as if to say they weren't "hard".
Of did I misread your intended use of the term soft boys?
yes, you misread it !!

Jan 30, 2008
Costing me over £100 to go to Leeds next Saturday, I can guarantee the OP won't be going, but obviously he'll say he is. I didn't go yesterday for my own personal reasons that have nothing to do with him, but it had nothing to do with cold weather. I think the guy is bored and in need of a whinge because he has nothing better to do with his life. There were still over 20k at the game, more than say the Blackpool game on a nice warm day... it's just incredible how some people have to find any reason whatsoever to have a go at fellow fans. Probably an insecure life.
so you're spending a ton going to Leeds I'M IMPRESSED , you're right i'm not going it might be cold in Leeds ???

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
it was announced as a 20k+ attendance , do you really believe that ................. some people eh.

Yes, why not?................ The train issue did make it look like lots of seats were empty, but 10 mins into the match it was full again,.... 20k+ is great attendance on a testing day for fans,..... I think you are living in a world of make believe conspiracy theories,... just like your make believe football hooligan attitude.... stop it Walter Mitty.

D

Deleted member 18477

LOL i cannot believe some didnt turn up because it was 'too cold' awwww!!!!:facepalm:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
[MENTION=11191]Das Reich[/MENTION], you're making a real arsehole of yourself here today... it's kind of funny and sad in equal amounts.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
"Jump around if you're ****ing cold."

I didn't and wasn't. Amazing really what some layers will do for a cause. Probably was transport issues more than anything. Can understand more so why people left early this week as well.

Jan 30, 2008
Yes, why not?................ The train issue did make it look like lots of seats were empty, but 10 mins into the match it was full again,.... 20k+ is great attendance on a testing day for fans,..... I think you are living in a world of make believe conspiracy theories,... just like your make believe football hooligan attitude.... stop it Walter Mitty.
ok boss , you're right on all counts ................. simple simon says :rolleyes:

Jan 30, 2008
QUOTE=LondonBlue;4697616][MENTION=11191]Das Reich[/MENTION], you're making a real arsehole of yourself here today... it's kind of funny and sad in equal amounts.[/QUOTE]as if your views are important, i've made my views on the weather situation and you don't like it ............................throws dummy out of pram

Jan 30, 2008
You might be interested in this, [MENTION=11191]Das Reich[/MENTION]:

Football365 - Football Stats - Football News, Views, Gossip and much more...

The first table shows that, on average, our ground is more full than any other team's in the league. So putting that in context, another gate in excess of 20,000 in the bitterly cold is a decent effort, even if there were big pockets of empty seats at kick-off.
i never said it wasn't a decent effort ,what i will question is the accuracy of it ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here