Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Soccer Aid 2022

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Disappointing to not see popular entertainer Jonathan Wilkes grace the field for this fixture.

We are certainly missing his industry and ability to drive forward into the box. All to play for in the 2nd half but an encouraging display so far from England.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A quote superb rendition of Angels there from Robbie, let's hope it inspires England in the 2nd half.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why is Beckham not playing FFS? Reuniting with Neville down the right for England.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:clap:

**** yes!! What a finish Tom Grennan!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whilst Mrs GB seems to be tuned to something else, I'm going to assume from Crodo's enthusiasm that the crowd are having an absolute hoot.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Harewood (GK) pulled a hamstring, serious concern on the England bench.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
FFS

:nono:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
England hanging on now, typical , can't handle the technique and ability to keep the ball of the RoW and it's showing now.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is the ref allergic to his whistle or something?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Penalties

Mrs Crodo gone upstairs, can't watch.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:nono:

So, so cruel.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Redknapp Out.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Marvellous scenes from start to finish :lolol:

Actually quite good entertainment, I don't mind admitting.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I went last night so here's a review:

Mrs bought surprise tickets in the cheap seats £20 adult and £10 child. - not too bad and I can feel warm and fuzzy for doing my bit for charidy mate.

Got a lazy train up from Brighton, which was surprisingly good value then a beer on the Thames (not good value but worth it for the view) and a tube or two to the ground.

Westfield was heaving with shoppers and football fans. Weather was lovely.

The walk to the ground was impressive - its a big arena and the structure sits up proud and the long straight walk over bridges etc feels very much like a cup final. As much as I love the Amex I was jealous of that.

A huge screen on the side of the stadium showed the event, players etc. Also impressive and something to look at while the queues formed for the bag search. That took a while and on a lovely day was no issue but I can imagine in the rain and wind would be dreadful.

Once passed that we scanned out tickets and went through old fashioned turnstiles - a novelty but also a pain with a backback and child etc.

The concourses where incredible - open, airy, millions of toilets and concessions. I was able to go straight to a level and see the pitch. in fact there was a bar there and I bought a pint while looking at the pitch.
Again in the sun it was lovely , when the wind and rain howls through probably not so nice.
Drinks were very expensive and limited to lager, cider (one of each) or soft drinks but quick service.

Once I hiked up to my cheap seat the view was ....distant. everyone was very far away. couldnt recognise any players. it was very obviously not designed to be a football stadium. An impressive structure but a poor viewing experience although again lovely to have a pint in my seat during the game.

Atmosphere was non existent but then it was a crowd of randoms, so cant blame the ground for that. it was the sort of crowd that loved a Mexican wave and got excited if a paper plane reached the ground.

The whole Robbie Williams thing was shite, got us to practice in the advert break with lyrics on the screen so we would look good on telly. I wouldnt put my torch on as I am not a sheep and my battery was low. however who could resist a quick blast of the chorus!

The game was league 2 stuff but thats what I expected. I liked that it went to penalties as it added to the fun but noted everyone bailed out of the stadium before the trophy was raised as there were obvious concerns on train times - something that happens nowhere else. Lots of kettling but getting 60k onto a few platforms will be a nightmare. again wouldnt want to do it in the rain.

On a side note, lots of footy shirts on display, both me and boy wore Brighton Strips and on no less that 6 occasions was greeted with a rendition of "Seagulls" which was nice.

home by 1am so knackered today but worth it and would go again.

Can of Heineken and a pepsi zero £10
Bag of popcorn £9 (not me the lady in front who was keeping her very young child happy so justified it but moaned at anyone in earshot)
food - no idea they ran out of everything.
small plastic horn £5 - they can do one
half and half scarves £12 - words fail

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I went last night so here's a review:

Mrs bought surprise tickets in the cheap seats £20 adult and £10 child. - not too bad and I can feel warm and fuzzy for doing my bit for charidy mate.

Got a lazy train up from Brighton, which was surprisingly good value then a beer on the Thames (not good value but worth it for the view) and a tube or two to the ground.

Westfield was heaving with shoppers and football fans. Weather was lovely.

The walk to the ground was impressive - its a big arena and the structure sits up proud and the long straight walk over bridges etc feels very much like a cup final. As much as I love the Amex I was jealous of that.

A huge screen on the side of the stadium showed the event, players etc. Also impressive and something to look at while the queues formed for the bag search. That took a while and on a lovely day was no issue but I can imagine in the rain and wind would be dreadful.

Once passed that we scanned out tickets and went through old fashioned turnstiles - a novelty but also a pain with a backback and child etc.

The concourses where incredible - open, airy, millions of toilets and concessions. I was able to go straight to a level and see the pitch. in fact there was a bar there and I bought a pint while looking at the pitch.
Again in the sun it was lovely , when the wind and rain howls through probably not so nice.
Drinks were very expensive and limited to lager, cider (one of each) or soft drinks but quick service.

Once I hiked up to my cheap seat the view was ....distant. everyone was very far away. couldnt recognise any players. it was very obviously not designed to be a football stadium. An impressive structure but a poor viewing experience although again lovely to have a pint in my seat during the game.

Atmosphere was non existent but then it was a crowd of randoms, so cant blame the ground for that. it was the sort of crowd that loved a Mexican wave and got excited if a paper plane reached the ground.

The whole Robbie Williams thing was shite, got us to practice in the advert break with lyrics on the screen so we would look good on telly. I wouldnt put my torch on as I am not a sheep and my battery was low. however who could resist a quick blast of the chorus!

The game was league 2 stuff but thats what I expected. I liked that it went to penalties as it added to the fun but noted everyone bailed out of the stadium before the trophy was raised as there were obvious concerns on train times - something that happens nowhere else. Lots of kettling but getting 60k onto a few platforms will be a nightmare. again wouldnt want to do it in the rain.

On a side note, lots of footy shirts on display, both me and boy wore Brighton Strips and on no less that 6 occasions was greeted with a rendition of "Seagulls" which was nice.

home by 1am so knackered today but worth it and would go again.

Can of Heineken and a pepsi zero £10
Bag of popcorn £9 (not me the lady in front who was keeping her very young child happy so justified it but moaned at anyone in earshot)
food - no idea they ran out of everything.
small plastic horn £5 - they can do one
half and half scarves £12 - words fail

Sounds like you had an absolute hoot. The atmosphere sounded very good on TV and the crowd were partisan as you would expect with several renditions of 'Eng-er-land', but perhaps you were too far back to appreciate the acoustics. It was somewhat disappointing the audience dispersed so quickly, understand the deflation that England lost but should be magnanimous in defeat still.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here