Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soaked To The Skin Today? Chilled To The Bone? March v LDC at Lib-Dems or BHAFC DIES

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
September might still be some way off, but it wont be long before a lot of Lib Dems start planning their visit.

So, how about helping them by sending out some appropriate literature - things to see and do in Brighton, places to stay etc. I'm sure we could come up with something appropriate.... if you know what I mean.

;)

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
dougdeep said:
What a rebel that Tom Hark is. If he would only invest in some new waterproofs instead of relying on that coat that looks older than I do, then perhaps he wouldn't be so angry. :jester:

Being a rebel is often the only way I for one am wearing my FRIDAY socks on a SUNDAY!! :nono: :eek: :eek: :lolol: :blush: :angel:

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
After Yesterdays conditions at the Withdean, I reckon we should have a case to take Lewes District Council to the European Court of Human rights for denying us the right to watch football Without it being a health risk.

In the mean time maybe we could do with away fans who have had to endure Withdean, E-mailing their own local Lib Dem Mp's & Councillors threatening never to vote for them again as long as Ldc fight our stadium.

I'm sure any Luton fans who were there yesterday would want to have to go through that again, Just as we dont.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Re: Soaked To The Skin Today? Chilled To The Bone? March v LDC at Lib-Dems or BHAFC D

Tom Hark said:
I dare say there may have been senior citizens who will catch pneumonia as a result of going to watch their team today. Somebody might DIE.

I thought the exact same thing. I was shivering for a while after the game, what about the elderly and disabled? :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
12th May 2006

Lewes District Council Meeting

Pelham House
Lewes

Be there or be square.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'll march again at the LD conference... but also agree with the must do something now commnets... the question is "what?"...

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
sofa fella said:
In the mean time maybe we could do with away fans who have had to endure Withdean, E-mailing their own local Lib Dem Mp's & Councillors threatening never to vote for them again as long as Ldc fight our stadium.

I'm sure any Luton fans who were there yesterday would want to have to go through that again, Just as we dont.
This is an excellent idea. Come on FFA, Lord B and all the other movers and shakers, can't this be club policy?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A load of us actually quizzed Dick Knight at the racecourse on Sunday on whether he personally was pro- or anti- a march in September. Without wishing to betray too much of a confidence, he was distinctly lukewarm on the idea of a march, the gist of his theme being that this was primarily a battle for supremacy between the deeply misguided excuse for an MP Norman Baker and his constituents. Which will eventually result in Baker being voted out.

Sadly tho, that won't come in time. LDC are immune from this year's local elections for some obscure reason.

But logic and gut feelings dictate that Baker could be removed simply by staging a massive anti-Lib-Dem march in September.

Dunno, I reckon Dick Knight is wrong on this one, and find it very hard to be persuaded by his argument, which simply seems to say 'let LDC Constituents vote Baker out'.

Too little, too late, IMHO. Like the getting in of a proper striker thing.

Tho I'm completely open to being persuaded otherwise, if there is a more subtle game-plan being lined up.

Can't say fairer aye?

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I got the feeling that it was thought to be counter productive especially if the Judicial Review actually takes place before the conference.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Sadly tho, that won't come in time. LDC are immune from this year's local elections for some obscure reason.

But logic and gut feelings dictate that Baker could be removed simply by staging a massive anti-Lib-Dem march in September.

Dunno, I reckon Dick Knight is wrong on this one, and find it very hard to be persuaded by his argument, which simply seems to say 'let LDC Constituents vote Baker out'.

Too little, too late, IMHO. Like the getting in of a proper striker thing.

Tho I'm completely open to being persuaded otherwise, if there is a more subtle game-plan being lined up.

Can't say fairer aye? [/B]

They might be immune from this election, but not the next?!! What's to say if we win the judicial review the current Ldc ain't gonna throw another spanner in the works some where?

Some how we've got to throw a spanner into the Ldc. Maybe get a few of our people voted on to the council to look after our long term future or summit?

Let the Ldc concentrate on getting rid of Baker while we concentrate on getting rid of the Ldc.

We may lose a few battles but we'll win the war.

:albion: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sofa fella said:
They might be immune from this election, but not the next?!! What's to say if we win the judicial review the current Ldc ain't gonna throw another spanner in the works some where?

Some how we've got to throw a spanner into the Ldc. Maybe get a few of our people voted on to the council to look after our long term future or summit?

Let the Ldc concentrate on getting rid of Baker while we concentrate on getting rid of the Ldc.

We may lose a few battles but we'll win the war.

:albion: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

The only way you will win votes is to make sure you know all about the flooding in Lewes and the incinerator proposal at Newhaven.
Living in the district I find that although people are annoyed over the waste of their council tax they don't care either way about Falmer.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Uncle Spielberg said:
12th May 2006

Lewes District Council Meeting

Pelham House
Lewes

Be there or be square.

Sounds like a reasonable idea.....it's a Friday, so possibly the easiest day to get off work. Any protest would have to have significant numbers, though - otherwise it risks being a damp squib.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here