Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Personally, I thought that was Virgilian levels of diction. I mean, I didn't just come on and call you gay, I used an extended simile for Christ's sake. What more do you want, a f***ing poem?

If it was Virgilian then it would have been a poem, wouldn't it? Talking of 'f***ing poems' I've always thought Larkin had C. Palace fans in mind with his little ditty. Making your children Palace fans. Poor little Nigels never stood a chance.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Wow, you must be one of a small minority of fans who haven't bombarded the HOL and BBS with your smugness. I only came on here to get away from it all.

Our alleged smugness pales into total and utter sheer insignificance to your deluded superiority complex...for the record i prefer BBS, Holmesdale,seems slow on updates & i never post-like i say dark & dank is the dark sky's of BBS.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
So if I do go on your website(s) (link please?) will my PC catch venereal disease? Will I be made to shop at Asda forever more? Will I have to live in a caravan and claim state benefits? If I go to Selhurst, will I be gainfully employable ever again? Just a few thoughts.

I'm not gonna give a link, as the HOL in particular (I don't frequent the BBS) is swarming with you lot. As for the rest, if we're gonna delve in to all that nonsense, I could just call you gay and talk about sodomy. But I like to think that I have higher morals than that...

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
I'm not gonna give a link, as the HOL in particular (I don't frequent the BBS) is swarming with you lot. As for the rest, if we're gonna delve in to all that nonsense, I could just call you gay and talk about sodomy. But I like to think that I have higher morals than that...

Lame.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
If it was Virgilian then it would have been a poem, wouldn't it? Talking of 'f***ing poems' I've always thought Larkin had C. Palace fans in mind with his little ditty. Making your children Palace fans. Poor little Nigels never stood a chance.

I digress, but can someone just clarify for certain what a 'Nigel' is? And none of this bullshit about 'look in the mirror', I genuinely want to know. Because to me, it seems like it's just a middle class person.

Oh, and just because I think that my simile about the Eagle contained Virgilian levels of diction, doesn't mean that it has to be written in poetry form. If we're gonna get pernickety to that extent, I should've written it in Latin too.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
attendances already dwindling

Do some research - every ticket was sold in the albion end. How many did you get on Tues again?

If people bought them, why didn't they turn up?

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
I digress, but can someone just clarify for certain what a 'Nigel' is? And none of this bullshit about 'look in the mirror', I genuinely want to know. Because to me, it seems like it's just a middle class person.

Oh, and just because I think that my simile about the Eagle contained Virgilian levels of diction, doesn't mean that it has to be written in poetry form. If we're gonna get pernickety to that extent, I should've written it in Latin too.

Stercorum pro cerebro habes.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Oh dear. You peaked earlier and are just repeating yourself now. If you want to sound really clever you need a few more words in your vocabulary. Either that or make less posts and reduce the risk of repetition.

Virgil was a poet. You claim your post was Virgilian, ergo it was a poem - which was the point I was making. You're getting too wrapped up in your self-congratulations that you missed it entirely. By the way, poems are de facto always written in poetry form. You're confusing it with rhymed verse. You're not so clever as you think.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Oh dear. You peaked earlier and are just repeating yourself now. If you want to sound really clever you need a few more words in your vocabulary. Either that or make less posts and reduce the risk of repetition.

Virgil was a poet. You claim your post was Virgilian, ergo it was a poem - which was the point I was making. You're getting too wrapped up in your self-congratulations that you missed it entirely. By the way, poems are de facto always written in poetry form. You're confusing it with rhymed verse. You're not so clever as you think.

Let me explain. I compared myself to Virgil as I used an extended simile, something that he was renowned for. Obviously it was slightly tongue in cheek, but having studied Virgil at GCSE and A level, and in Latin, I think that I should know a thing or two about how he writes.

BUt let's not stray so far from the topic. And besides, you still haven't explained what a Nigel is...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Let me explain. I compared myself to Virgil as I used an extended simile, something that he was renowned for. Obviously it was slightly tongue in cheek, but having studied Virgil at GCSE and A level, and in Latin, I think that I should know a thing or two about how he writes.

BUt let's not stray so far from the topic. And besides, you still haven't explained what a Nigel is...

GCSE? I'm here on this board on a Saturday night because I'm old enough to have done O levels and now have children asleep upstairs in bed. You, on the other hand are young enough to be out on a Saturday night with your mates and could be chatting up some tasty bird right now. Instead, you're a Palace fan trying to be a smart arse with Brighton fans on the internet about a dead Latin poet.

What part of this little picture that I'm painting do you think doesn't scream 'loser'?

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
:wanker:
Umm, to all of you who were spouting on about you being such a bigger club than us, well, umm, what's gone wrong? Losing your lead to a 70 year old striker, attendances already dwindling, whilst we go from strength to strength, playing great football, our young players in starring roles, and winning three on the spin. And we've still got half a first team to come back from injury, things are all of a sudden looking pretty enticing for the 27th.

Perhaps it's just natural order being resumed? Just as the eagle in the wild may injure its wing while the seagull momentarily soars high, just as quickly does the eagle recover and gobble the seagull up. In this way, once we show you how to beat the copycat tangarines, and you lose to whoever you're playing next week, the world will continue on it's normal route after the small relapse of you being above us.

If you think hat I'm smug, then you should reread some of your posts from a fortnight ago. Goodnight.

What a complete and utter bell-end!!! :wanker:

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I think it says a lot that we're all quite dissapointed with a draw against a team that this time last year were off to a great start in one of the best leagues in the world? We have already shown we are more than good enough to hold our own in this league. On another day we would have put 1 or 2 more past Blackpool and won, unfortunately we didn't. But what is for sure is that on September 27th we will take 3 points off Palace and send them slipping and sliding down to the bottom end of The Championship, and we'll still be sitting pretty in the top half :)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
May I be the first to say...f*** OFF!

still ahead of you ya pikey c$nt.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeee nis ±!!!

f*** off you south London slag, we'll sort your lot out on and off the pitch next month.

Haha piss off you pikey scum, Seen the teams we've played and the teams you have and guess what we've got more points and more goals than you have and more fans wanting to see the albion play.

What a Cock!:tosser:

May I be the second to say...f*** OFF!

:wanker:

What a complete and utter bell-end!!! :wanker:

Surely NSC can do better than this sort of pathetic knee-jerk abuse? :nono:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Umm, to all of you who were spouting on about you being such a bigger club than us, well, umm, what's gone wrong? Losing your lead to a 70 year old striker, attendances already dwindling, whilst we go from strength to strength, playing great football, our young players in starring roles, and winning three on the spin. And we've still got half a first team to come back from injury, things are all of a sudden looking pretty enticing for the 27th.

Perhaps it's just natural order being resumed? Just as the eagle in the wild may injure its wing while the seagull momentarily soars high, just as quickly does the eagle recover and gobble the seagull up. In this way, once we show you how to beat the copycat tangarines, and you lose to whoever you're playing next week, the world will continue on it's normal route after the small relapse of you being above us.

If you think hat I'm smug, then you should reread some of your posts from a fortnight ago. Goodnight.

Christ on a bike, are you that scared you've peaked already you feel the need to write such utter rubbish? We also have influential players out injured, Harley is signing next week and another 2 signings are expected by the end of the window. Cor I'm sooo jealous you won today with an own goal, at least we score our own and usually more than one a game. Have a listen to yourself, as for September 27th if you're one of the lucky ones you will get to see just what all the fuss is about.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Right so;
We're getting better attendances than Palace, we're ahead of them in the table, we have a better squad, better stadium, better manager and come from a better place..
We've beaten Cardiff (7th) the team that finished 3rd in the Championship last season in their own backyard, drawn with Blackpool (8th) a team that have just come down from the Prem, beaten the FA cup finalists from a few years back Portsmouth (11th) in their own backyard, and beaten a team destined for relegation in Donny (24th)
They've lost to a team that came up from the play-offs in L1 last season, and beaten Coventry (23rd) , Hull (19th) and Burnley (21st), who between them have one win this season, and a grand total of a humongous 6 points out of a possible 36.
What are they boasting about exactly?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here