Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So - Will You Stick With It - Like Micky Tells Us We Have To?

oohh stick you, ya mumma too, and your daddy

• Fence, I cannae decide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get onside Murray for Fucks Sake

• I am Superfan

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
what have been your positives for Saturdays games, and the season since you say I never mention any? ???

The positives obviously are the crowd etc but that is not my concern whether we get 2000 or 9000 in provided we are able to pay our way and not be forced into liquidation etc as I have said many times that is why the board are there and that is their problem how we pay for things not mine.

I thought generally we deserved at least a draw if not a win. Virgo had a very good game at centre back and showed that is his best position. With Thornton in and running at players enabled Thomson to have a very good game and was influential in most of the moves. Forster looked as if it wont be long before he is back to his best goalscoring and moaning and Murray showed brief glimpses of the obvious class and skill that he has.

The down side was their goal which came about by both Elphick and Whing missing the chance to clear the ball. Ayinsah has a lot of hustle and bustle but I am not sure that he is an improvement on Cox. Johnson was anonymous other than I free kick. Kuipers did all that was expected of him and couldnt be held responsible for the goal. Richards was just Richards good in places and made mistakes at other times but what I do like about Richards is that he accepts responsibilitry and if he makes a mistake he does his utmost to retrieve the situation.

The season in general has been a stop start season we have played well against the better opposition and rubbish against the poorer it is as if the players have the Lynch attitude of we are too good for this division so do not need to try.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The positives obviously are the crowd etc but that is not my concern whether we get 2000 or 9000 in provided we are able to pay our way and not be forced into liquidation etc as I have said many times that is why the board are there and that is their problem how we pay for things not mine.

I thought generally we deserved at least a draw if not a win. Virgo had a very good game at centre back and showed that is his best position. With Thornton in and running at players enabled Thomson to have a very good game and was influential in most of the moves. Forster looked as if it wont be long before he is back to his best goalscoring and moaning and Murray showed brief glimpses of the obvious class and skill that he has.

The down side was their goal which came about by both Elphick and Whing missing the chance to clear the ball. Ayinsah has a lot of hustle and bustle but I am not sure that he is an improvement on Cox. Johnson was anonymous other than I free kick. Kuipers did all that was expected of him and couldnt be held responsible for the goal. Richards was just Richards good in places and made mistakes at other times but what I do like about Richards is that he accepts responsibilitry and if he makes a mistake he does his utmost to retrieve the situation.

The season in general has been a stop start season we have played well against the better opposition and rubbish against the poorer it is as if the players have the Lynch attitude of we are too good for this division so do not need to try.

It has hard to pick out positives, I dont know why you think I am so anti Adams, I am not, as someone once out it, I am anti Brighton being shit. Even your positive points have some kind of poor point attached to it. It shouldnt be like that at all.

Murray is a massive plus point for us, he is class. Being able to attract players with the ilke of Robbie Savage is another plus point, but sadly it didnt quite work out.

Being told "to just put up with it" is a bit disrespectful to the paying fans, and if Adams cuts out his basic and obvious mistakes then maybe we can make a go of things.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Being told "to just put up with it" is a bit disrespectful to the paying fans, and if Adams cuts out his basic and obvious mistakes then maybe we can make a go of things.

Perhaps Virgo's performance on Saturday will eliminate one of his mistakes and we can hopefully move on from there. What I would love to see is both Thornton and McLeod fit and pinging in crosses for Murray to attack and Forster picking up the 2nd ball.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Perhaps Virgo's performance on Saturday will eliminate one of his mistakes and we can hopefully move on from there. What I would love to see is both Thornton and McLeod fit and pinging in crosses for Murray to attack and Forster picking up the 2nd ball.

Agreed, as for Thornton and McLeod, they are both left footed, so it may be an issue. Of the two, at the moment I think Thornton should be 1st pick.

Cox and Anyinsah are our only sensible ooptions on the right wing, but neither of them are that good at crossing.

Who knows if Thornton and McLeod will work down the wings, but I would rather have Thornton playing out of position down the right, rather than Anyinsah playing out of position down the left

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cox is right footed predominantly but performs better on the left as he is not a natural winger to go past a fullback like Lennon did for Spurs yesterday or Wright Philips does for Man City.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
adams says fans have to stick with it - well they dont, not for £23 for the pleasure

the amount of season tickets we sell next season will no doubt be an indication that people arent prepared to stick with it

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a shocking record and one I'm not happy about, but I think there is a huge lack of PERSPECTIVE at the moment. This is not a crisis, we're not doomed. We're not even in the relegation zone for christ sake. And even if we were, there are still 29 matches to play. Win 3 or 4 in a row and suddenly we're play-off contenders again. All this panicking is a bit over dramatic really. Plus, in addition to that, I don't blame Micky for a lot of the problems we currently have.

Do you blame him at all, for;

1. Lynch leaving?

2. Signing Hawkins?

3. Playing Hawkins when clearly unfit?

4. Playing Virgo on the wing?

5. Surrendering leads in EIGHT games?

6. Wasting wages by re-signing Hart and Mayo?

And no, I'm not panicking either, just hugely dissappointed that a season I had really high hopes for looks like being over by March.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It's a shocking record and one I'm not happy about, but I think there is a huge lack of PERSPECTIVE at the moment. This is not a crisis, we're not doomed. We're not even in the relegation zone for christ sake. And even if we were, there are still 29 matches to play. Win 3 or 4 in a row and suddenly we're play-off contenders again. All this panicking is a bit over dramatic really. Plus, in addition to that, I don't blame Micky for a lot of the problems we currently have.
Look at the next 3 or 4 games we are about to play and predict which ones we are going to win. I can't see us on current form, gaining more than three points from these matches and by then we will be in a deep relegation battle in my mind.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I didn't say the 3 or 4 wins in a row would be the next few games!!

Stockport, Oldham, and Tranmere away is a tough run. All grounds that are miles away up north, low albion following, and against teams traditionally strong at home. If we win one we'll have done well. MK Dons is the only home game in that spell which again is tough. But I fancy that we could get 5-7 points out of those games.

The time that will now be really crucial is christmas. Colchester and Northampton at home HAVE to be beaten, and Swindon away is somewhere I'd expect us to get a result.

I do realise that you were not meaning those particular games, but the fact of the matter is, that after those four games we could well be in a relegation battle, with all the added pressure that brings. If we are not midtable by Christmas then the play off's you talk about will be just a pipe dream.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
2. Hawkins is an ok signing, but probably just as a squad player. It's not the signing of him I'm annoyed with, it's the constant selection of him.

3. Agreed - he shouldn't be in the team when fit, let alone when not.

Complete change of thought by you from the first few games he played for us?

Immense and The HAWK was used copiously back then!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Like most fans, I'm not happy about our league position or the majority of the performances, but I've stuck with it for many years and that is what I will continue to do.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's no 'HAVE TO' about it. Unless that Micky quote was taken out of context, and I hope it was, then it shows breathtaking complacency. With a credit crunch on and shit football devoid of any intelligence or pattern, it'll be FAR easier for people to opt out of going than it will for them to 'stick with it'.

As a quote, it's as shabby as McGhee's 'one for the future' patter, every time he made a crap signing. Designed purely to give him a bit of breathing space, and scam the fanbase into thinking it's all part of some grand masterplan, when it patently isn't. You can fool some of the people some of the time. But not always enough of them to save your skin.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here