Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So will it be Sullivan or Kippers..............

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Shouting "AWAY, AWAY" a lot, does NOT constitute 'commanding your area'!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
You try telling Mark Walton that!

my abiding memory of walton is him screaming "HOLD HOLD HOLD" in a dire attempt to play the offside trap during the last season at gillingham

now, i realise how erotic that must have been to imagine he was denoting in his gruff welsh voice what he would like to do to your penis

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I think Mark Walton was a vastly underrated albion goalkeeper. Sure, he was shit. I don't deny that. But for comedy value, off the ball antics, and laughable instructions to the defence the man was a GENIUS.

The goal I'll always remember is when he whacked it against Watson's arse at Withdean and it went straight in our net. BRILLIANT!

Although he was definitely worse in the Gillingham years.

and, of course, he was in goal for the infamous 'thomasgate' at brentford

he was also an incredbily moody man, which i feel adds to his his flair rating. i remember we had just DESTROYED peterborough in an fa cup replay, and all us ballboys were shaking hands with the players as they made their way off the pitch. i even got a HUG off of somebody, possibly andy crosby. yet mark waltons response was to simply AVOID my hand and stroll off, looking like he was going to the changing room in order to eat a baby that hadn't even been cooked

what a legend

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As long as God is back in by the time we go to Carlisle and for the forseeable future in the LEAGUE, then I don't really give a shit who plays in the cup. In fact, I'm hoping we go out so play Sullivan:thumbsup:

What a prick you must be to post such a statement. If he was to read it I am sure that it would give a 20 year old novice goal keeper a tremendous amount of confidence. He has not played badly such that would allow anybody to suggest that if he plays we would definitely get beat.

On the point that you make about the shouts of AWAY AWAY AWAY by Kuipers, that had nothing to do with Mark Walton as that is the sum total of Kuipers 'talking' to his defence and his command of the box.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As long as God is back in by the time we go to Carlisle and for the forseeable future in the LEAGUE, then I don't really give a shit who plays in the cup. In fact, I'm hoping we go out so play Sullivan:thumbsup:
Unless I am reading and interpreting it incorrectly, which I do not think I am, I would say that you are insinuating that if Sullivan plays we will lose in the 2 cups.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Not overly bothered either way. I respect that Kuipers is a good keeper but he always makes me nervous for some reason, probably because his unpredictable nature. Enjoyed seeing Sullivan given a chance.
I'm pretty sure come Carlisle, Kuipers will be back in goal...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Our new found Sully for me

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I think maybe keep John in goal for the next 2 games, if hes good then keep him for Carlisle, if not then get Mike Kipe back in the net

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unless I'm interpreting this incorrectly, and I don't think I am, you're struggling to comprehend basic english.
a) I hope we go out the cups
b) BECAUSE of this, I would play Sullivan to give him more experience

With that in mind, please explain how the f*** I might be suggesting that playing Sullivan will contribute to a defeat?

I understand that you want us to lose in the cups, why I dont know, because a good draw in the third round is vital to our finances and bringing in any new players, but what I cannot comprehend is why you assume that if Sullivan plays that will help us get beat. Also why should we stand more chance of gaining points if FDM is back in for Carlisle you either want FDM in for every game or Sullivan. Sullivan has proved he wont let us down so now it is a matter of choice by MA as to who he trusts to do the job best whether it be cup or league. Sullivan will gain much more experience as time goes on as the understudy to FDM, he doesnt need to be thrown it at every opportunity just to gain another match experience.

Why not write I hope we go out of the cup so lets play Chris Winterton and give him some experience or I hope we go out of the cup so lets play FDM to make sure that he is fit to play at Carlisle.

An appearance at Wembley in the JPT would also help the finances

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Winning brings on confidence which brings on more wins so roll on Saturday and Wednesday and lets hope we win both game in style and by scoring a number of goals not just 1 - 0, but at a push I would settle for that.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I'd stick with Sullivan for the fa cup game and play Kuipers in the week, best performer gets the shirt for the league game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here