Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who's this mystery striker then?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
According to the Argus website tonight we've had a bid accepted on a mystery striker.

Spose I'll get fixtured now but I couldn't see anything on here:shootself

Last edited:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Albion chase mystery striker
By Brian Owen

Dean Wilkins has refused to identify the striker for whom Albion have agreed a fee.

But the Seagulls boss admits bringing in an experienced hitman is the toughest challenge he faces in shaping his side for next season.

Chairman Dick Knight has told fans Albion have had a bid accepted for a striker, though the club have yet to reach agreement with the player himself.
advertisement

No player scored more than eight goals for the Seagulls in League One last season.

Boss Wilkins said: "That's an avenue we are trying to strengthen. It's the hardest job for any club to find that sort of striker.

"You can increase your chance of success by getting somebody who is a proven goalscorer and of a certain age. I feel we've also had success bringing in Alex Revell from non-league.

"Of course you want to bring in as much experience as you can. That's the priority but it doesn't always work like that."

Meanwhile Wilkins insists the race is still wide open to replace John Keeley as goalkeeping coach.

He said: "We will be speaking to somebody today and the job is being advertised as well.

"It's not that vital somebody is appointed in the next week. It's something we've got some time on."

Former Wimbledon boss Stuart Murdoch is among the candidates.

7:14pm today

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was searching before, but forgot to post anything about it! :dunce: The curried fish was burning. :(

It is probably an obvious target, but decided to keep it behind closed doors. I don't think it would really matter if the name was in the public domain as I would imagine that strikers that are available are well known to all clubs etc.

Makes it a bit more exciting for the fans though!

http://www.theargus.co.uk/display.var.1430421.0..php

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Someone from a non league team in Essex ???

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Am hoping it's Leon Constantine at Port Vale. We put in a bid for him in the t/fer window and it was accepted, but he wanted to stay to see whether they'd make the play-offs.

I don't think they're referring to Nicky Forster. If they are it is the worst kept secret in Albion history

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
supaseagull said:
Am hoping it's Leon Constantine at Port Vale. We put in a bid for him in the t/fer window and it was accepted, but he wanted to stay to see whether they'd make the play-offs.

I don't think they're referring to Nicky Forster. If they are it is the worst kept secret in Albion history

I thought Constantine was out of contract which would mean not having to agree a fee, also thought he wanted to try his luck at championship level so would probably turn us down anyway.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
JJ McClure said:
I thought Constantine was out of contract which would mean not having to agree a fee, also thought he wanted to try his luck at championship level so would probably turn us down anyway.
was my understanding too which is why our offer was accepted in the first place BUT I do believe he is one of out targets

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Think the argus is refering to Forster.

Says we are yet to agree terms with the player........ did we not already agree terms with Constantine in Jan, which he said was fantastic, just decieded to stay put ?

Knight also said we were after two strikers...one with a fee and one without..... i know i'm being ambitious, but could it not be that we are after both ?

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
blockhseagull said:

Says we are yet to agree terms with the player........ did we not already agree terms with Constantine in Jan, which he said was fantastic, just decieded to stay put ?

Knight also said we were after two strikers...one with a fee and one without..... i know i'm being ambitious, but could it not be that we are after both ?

;) :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
blockhseagull said:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: *

*You are joking, presumably?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Mr deez said:
Dean Wilkins has refused to identify the striker for whom Albion have agreed a fee.

But the Seagulls boss admits bringing in an experienced hitman is the toughest challenge he faces in shaping his side for next season.
So this particular one that's been agreed is NOT an experienced stiker I gather seeing he goes on to say that will be his toughest challenge...

C.Gull

Jan 29, 2007
Lets get real,what are the main possibilities of Albion making new signings
1. No transfer fee involved.
2.Player wrong side of 30.
3.Ongoing fitness problem
4.At present with a Div 1 or 2 team.
Now lets have names that fit this situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here