Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who's this mystery striker then?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I doubt it's Constantine. We couldn't afford his wage demands. He turned down a move to barnsley in Jan becasue they wouldn't offer him what he/his agent wanted.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
redoubtable seagull said:
I doubt it's Constantine. We couldn't afford his wage demands. He turned down a move to barnsley in Jan becasue they wouldn't offer him what he/his agent wanted.

he also truned us down but not due to wages as he admitted we gave a great offer. Problem was he wanted to see if a championship side will come in for him during the close season

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wasnt quite sure what Wilkins was banging on about in the Argus.

Seemly its difficult to get the right experienced player and he is working hard.....Ok!

Therefore , either he is setting us up for an announcement that we tried to sign every experienced striker from Gert Muller to Michael Owen, and none of them will come to us, OR its that we have raided the non league scene and at Bolney Sunday Football league outfit The Yew tree, we have uncovered a gem of a striker who scored 50 goals in a season and is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!

Or there again, perhaps its Forster

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
redoubtable seagull said:

We offered him a 150K pay rise from what he was on at Port Vale. Wages weren't the problem. He will end up at a half decent championship club and for probably less wages then we offered him.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Because you have 'insider' knowledge or read it in the Argus a few days ago :wave:

I don't read the argus. I was told by somebody who is likely to know (although not confirmed of course) at the weekend that he was having talks with us?

I guess we'll see.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Rambo said:
I reckon its James Hayter, he has been stalling on the deal to Doncaster.

Now that is something I'd be well happy with.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I have heard from a very reliable source in the pub, Shevchenko will be playing at Withdean next season alongside Baz!

You heard it here first!!

;)

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I think it's a bit risky paying more than £50k for an injury prone 34 year old. Reminds me of Paul Kitson.

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
by failing to reveal the identity, he is clearly a waste of money! Wilkins is afraid of critism that he will get to justify the signing, and feels it may be easier to do so once he has actually signed!

Wilkins out!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would be pleased with Nicky Forster, but I heard on SCR sports news that Hull have confirmed that we have NOT made an approach for him...

James Hayter is a local lad (local to us, not B'muff)... he scores loads at L1 level... would love to see him playing for us...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hoggy said:
by failing to reveal the identity, he is clearly a waste of money! Wilkins is afraid of critism that he will get to justify the signing, and feels it may be easier to do so once he has actually signed!

Wilkins out!

:jester: :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here