Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who now?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Heidar Helgusson, Roman Bednar, Jon Stead, Leon Best.

But I think Gus may have to go abroad to find a decent target man.

So... Sloan Privat from Ligue 2 in France. Flair.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yep I'm with a flexible central/full back defender and I'd be happy with our lot til January at least.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Sam Vokes, Dexter Blackstock, Benek Afobe

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I spoke to a friend today who has contacts with the club and he told me that Lomana Lua Lua was there on Saturday watching the game and he said he was also there at the Spurs game. He couldn't confirm that he'd been training with the club as mentioned on other posts so probably just there watching Kazenga?
This would be the type of forward i'd like to see come in, big strong and holds the ball up well.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I spoke to a friend today who has contacts with the club and he told me that Lomana Lua Lua was there on Saturday watching the game and he said he was also there at the Spurs game. He couldn't confirm that he'd been training with the club as mentioned on other posts so probably just there watching Kazenga?
This would be the type of forward i'd like to see come in, big strong and holds the ball up well.

This would be superb for us, and accompanied by a CB and I'd be over the moon

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

This would be superb for us, and accompanied by a CB and I'd be over the moon

Yes agree with that. I think we would have just about all we need then ?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think there might be something of a myth developing about our side.

Greer 6'4"
Dunk 6'4"
Dicker 6'2"
Elphick 6'2"
Barnes 6'1"
Ankergren 6'3"
Buckley 6'0"

With the exception of the midget Bridcutt, all the rest of the first team regulars are 5'10" and above, so not exactly qualifying to keep Snow White company by any means.
Dicker and Buckley may have the height but they don't carry it in a physical way. Same goes for Barnes, and even Dunk, Greer, and Ankergren to a lesser extent.
El-Abd and Elphick are reall yhe only beefy players we have, when we line up against teams we almost always seem to be smaller than they are. It was the same last season too.

I don't think it's a big a worry as some, because of the way we play, but if the habit of conceding from set pieces is carrying over from last season than it may start to be a problem.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Out of interest, for those that went to the game, how did Phillips out do our defence.

Poor defending from the crosses by our central defenders and a failure to deal with the 2nd ball.

So the answer to the question is a central defender that will attack the ball when it is the air in the 6 yd box, which our present 2 don't.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Poor defending from the crosses by our central defenders and a failure to deal with the 2nd ball.

So the answer to the question is a central defender that will attack the ball when it is the air in the 6 yd box, which our present 2 don't.

I would add... no pressure on the player crossing for the 1st Blackpool goal... answer = real competition for Paints...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here