Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so who is the new player

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
Agree do not see the need for a central midfield player at the moment. Birdcutt was improving all the time and was immense at Peterborough, also Sparrow has to come back as well. Looking at earlier posts I'd be really sad to see Muzza go, he might not be proflic but technically he is our best forward! Thought Greer and Casper were top notch last night. Not sure why Atkins says we are one dimensional, seem to recall last night there approach was the look ball to Lambert!!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Central midfielder, no? Pretty sure we will be alright now that Bridcutt is back from suspension, and when Sparrow recovers from injury. Jamie Smith looks very decent as well, and when Navarro also comes back into the equation, we have quite a solid central midfield...The winger is a must have though

Sparrow seems to have an ongoing groin problem and with games coming thick and fast soon it's to much to expect 36 year old Kish and inexperienced Bridcutt to lead the way.I don't want to see Batti near the first team again.

Since Gus is after 2 or 3 players i'm predicting one will be a central midfielder which we need.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
Agree Kish needs a break, and Batti looked out his depth last night physically he was not strong enough to cope with the demands. Would not mind seeing Caskey given a run out on Saturday with Smith and Dicker if Sparrow is not fit

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will it be Charlie Austin ? On loan until January when we he signs permanently with Muzza going in a swap and cash deal to Swinedon.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Cant see Murray joining Swindon, even less so in a swap deal. The only reason I could see behind him wanting to move is that all this malarchy about him not being settled/family etc. So why would he move to Swindon? its hardly close to home is it, presuming his family are all still in the Rochdale/Manchester area. If the guy was to move, it would be to a top end L1 club, or a Championship side, because he's at the point of his career where thats where he needs to be.
More chance of getting to the Championship with us than Swindon.

We'll happily take Austin off them though, yet to meet a decent Swindon fan in 5 visits.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because he's better than Murray and they'd want a replacement?

He is a different type of player not necessarily better. Austin is an out and out 6 yd box goal poacher, which we are missing granted, but Murray is a player who brings others into play which Austin doesnt. In an ideal world they would complement each other so we could do with having both.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He is a different type of player not necessarily better. Austin is an out and out 6 yd box goal poacher, which we are missing granted, but Murray is a player who brings others into play which Austin doesnt. In an ideal world they would complement each other so we could do with having both.

Are you honestly telling me you'd rather have Murray than Austin? We have the midfield to make chances, we need a man like Austin to finish them of in the way are strikers arn't doing at the moment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone who was at St Marys last night, and STILL doesn't think Murray is BRILLIANT, has not got a CLUE about the game of football.

Rahdi Jaidi has NIGHTMARES about Glenn Murray.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Are you honestly telling me you'd rather have Murray than Austin? We have the midfield to make chances, we need a man like Austin to finish them of in the way are strikers arn't doing at the moment.

I think you're missing what Murray brings to the all round team. Without Murray on the pitch last night, we did not create ONE decent chance inside the penalty box, not that I can remember anyway. When Murray came on, he won free kicks, the Penalty, and held the ball up superbly against Jaidi, no-one could ever doubt that. With Wood up alongside him Barnes didnt have a chance, because he had absolutely no service. Barnes is'nt a hold up player, so those saying how "Shit" he was last night in my opinion dont have a clue what there talking about. Barnes is similar to Austin in that he gets in good goalscoring positions, i have no idea how, but he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time, and by hoofing it up to him in the first half when he was up against Fonte he had no chance.
Barnes has 7 league goals this year, one less than Austin, just to put things into perspective. If it'd been Austin up alongside Chris Woods in the first half, it would have made no difference, because Austin like Barnes needs the ball into feet, or balls into the box. Murray brings Bennett, Lua Lua, Sparrow and his supporting striker into the game, something which is CRUCIAL.
I'd rather have Murray and Barnes than Austin and Barnes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

From where did you get that idea. I have consistently for something like a few years said WE NEED A GOAL POACHER who can pick up a ball in the 6 yd box and put it in the net. I have at no time suggested that Murray is better than Austin or vice versa they are different types of players and as I said in an ideal world we could have both as both are important to us winning trhe league

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
Murray and Austin are completely different players. Barnes on the other hand is the exact same player as Austin but Barnes just never takes his chances.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Murray is also SUPERB in our own penalty box. I lose count of how many defensive headers he wins at opposition corners.

It was interesting that Bristol Rovers' corners caused us so many problems in a game that Murray spent a fair portion of on the bench. He really doesn't get the credit he deserves sometimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here