Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so who is the new player

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
This talk of Fryatt is pure shit. He will not join us considering top Championship teams are sniffing around. We also will not sign Charlie Austin for exactly the same reason plus i don't think that we will pay 1mil plus until we reach the championship. Moan over.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This talk of Fryatt is pure shit. He will not join us considering top Championship teams are sniffing around. We also will not sign Charlie Austin for exactly the same reason plus i don't think that we will pay 1mil plus until we reach the championship. Moan over.
We do have quite a few idiots on here though who actually believe we could sign those type of players.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The problem for Gus is, if he wants to get someone on loan with a view to a permanent signing in Jan. Then that player has to be Championship standard player. What would be the point in signing a player that is not that standard, if the aim is promotion, which it clearly is. Also anyone that thinks Poyet would be happy to tread water in the championship and just stay up is dreaming. This man is a winner and aiming for the top asap, getting a player to sign now and also be part of a top half championship side must be almost impossible..Targets like Fryatt and Austin is exactly what Poyet is looking at, getting them is a different kettle of fish altogether.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
end of season murry can go on a free, I assume GUS has offered him a new contract but he has not signed so in comes Santadez and woods plus talk of a big name heard that we might be after a swindon player inexchange for murry plus some cash no idea who it is

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
i agree Gus will supply the right type of player, Murry is a bit special at this level and the club needs to either cash in on him while they can in mabe a player swap or keep him on the bench while playing others in the hope that not being in the shop window will force Murry to sign the new contract

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
I don't think there will be a signing, i just wish Gus wouldn't say what he does about special signings!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I don't think there will be a signing, i just wish Gus wouldn't say what he does about special signings!

it was a cunning psychological ploy to make an unwanted player want to come and play at the shitdean.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
I think you're missing what Murray brings to the all round team. Without Murray on the pitch last night, we did not create ONE decent chance inside the penalty box, not that I can remember anyway. When Murray came on, he won free kicks, the Penalty, and held the ball up superbly against Jaidi, no-one could ever doubt that. With Wood up alongside him Barnes didnt have a chance, because he had absolutely no service. Barnes is'nt a hold up player, so those saying how "Shit" he was last night in my opinion dont have a clue what there talking about. Barnes is similar to Austin in that he gets in good goalscoring positions, i have no idea how, but he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time, and by hoofing it up to him in the first half when he was up against Fonte he had no chance.
Barnes has 7 league goals this year, one less than Austin, just to put things into perspective. If it'd been Austin up alongside Chris Woods in the first half, it would have made no difference, because Austin like Barnes needs the ball into feet, or balls into the box. Murray brings Bennett, Lua Lua, Sparrow and his supporting striker into the game, something which is CRUCIAL.
I'd rather have Murray and Barnes than Austin and Barnes.

yes, this innit

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why all the talk of Austin? Murray is a far better player. And if getting Austin means losing Murray, you can forget it in my view.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Why all the talk of Austin? Murray is a far better player. And if getting Austin means losing Murray, you can forget it in my view.

Yep, i'd go with that too.
If you look at Murray's record, every striker he's played with has scored goals, because he gets his strike partner involved. When he was at Rochdale, Le fondre scored, when he played with Forster, Forster scored, and now Ashley Barnes has hit form like never before in his career. Thats no coincidence in my view.
Even if you look at Austin, he's scored goals with a big hold up man next to him (Paynter last season, Pericard this). In my eyes, the most crucial of the two strikers is someone like Murray, because without him, your "in the box goalmachine" wont have any service.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yep, i'd go with that too.
If you look at Murray's record, every striker he's played with has scored goals, because he gets his strike partner involved. When he was at Rochdale, Le fondre scored, when he played with Forster, Forster scored, and now Ashley Barnes has hit form like never before in his career. Thats no coincidence in my view.
Even if you look at Austin, he's scored goals with a big hold up man next to him (Paynter last season, Pericard this). In my eyes, the most crucial of the two strikers is someone like Murray, because without him, your "in the box goalmachine" wont have any service.

But the question is, I suppose, what Gus thinks.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'm sure its a case that either the player he wants isn't available or wants too much money.
Not the best time of year to be after players, Most squads are settled & in all honesty the type of player who'd improve our squad would have to be open to a lot of persuasion to drop down a league or two.

I'm sure Gus will bring strengthen significantly in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here