Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SO? What will Friday bring?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The cynic in me says it will be the same shit as recently with 9 defensive players like the last few weeks, and Buckley and CMS attempting to do their best with no support from elsewhere. 0-0 draw.

The optimist in me hopes that Gus has takes his head out of his arse and drops the woeful Hammond, Crofts and Barnes and brings in Orlandi, Lopez and Dobbie.

Who knows.

Dobbie has done absolutely f*** all apart from one dazzling run followed up with a back pass.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He's been pony I agree. But we have to try something. He's capable of a bit of magic and is a proven class player at this level. We've got to give him a try.

I'd like to think you are right but he looks overweight, unfit, slow and quite disinterested. not really what we need at the moment

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I happen to agree with Chesney Christ here, Gus does need to realise we can't be carrying players just because they are his favourites, the under performing ones like Barnes, Hammond etc must be dropped, a kick up the arse might actually do them a bit of good, whilst the replacements CC mentioned aren't exactly the greatest either at least they carry a much more attacking threat, you don't win games if you don't attack, especially at home.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Call me the eternal pessimist folks, but I have a gut feeling that we're going to lose heavily on Friday - 1-4 I think. I just can't see how we are going to score playing as badly as we are and I can see Gus fielding an unchanged side in a naive attempt to allow the players to "prove" themselves. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong.

Exactly how I felt going into the Southampton game at home last season. :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly how I felt going into the Southampton game at home last season. :thumbsup:

Cross your fingers for a sending off of their best striker after being outplayed until it happens then :thumbsup:

I'll enjoy the goal line clearances too

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cross your fingers for a sending off of their best striker after being outplayed until it happens then :thumbsup:

I don't fanny about worrying about shit that hasn't happened yet to be honest IG. Looking forward to Friday night, I'll worry about the performance after, not before, that's the managers job. Before my only worries will be getting served my Harveys!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

Whilst you have a point that the sending-off made a big difference, we certainly weren't being outplayed before it. I think it was a VERY even game, with the sending off tipping it in our favour.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Whilst you have a point that the sending-off made a big difference, we certainly weren't being outplayed before it. I think it was a VERY even game, with the sending off tipping it in our favour.

I don't think IG is feeling particularly positive about much right now. Hopefully he'll be all right come final whistle tomorrow night.

p.s. I also thought we weren't outplayed and had them under pressure. Yes, they scored a goal not given which could have changed things, but Lambert wasn't getting a look in and got very frustrated, hence his red. Despite them going down to 10, which isn't always the end of the world, we played really well 2nd half, we'll never know if the win was down to decisions or not, however it was a great performance in the end nonetheless.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Well I can’t make the Friday game so no doubt we’ll win big, all the games I missed last season were wins (Saints/Ipswich/Barnsley/Bristol)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I seem to remember ( I may be wrong) two goal line clearances whilst we had hardly threatened at all. yes we ran out worth winners but I do think we were 2nd best until the sending off. Yes we may have had as much possession but I seem to rememnber them being far more threatening with the ball.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
if we fanny about with twenty sideways passes to reach the halfway line and then it immediately breaks down and we're on the back foot then we'll be a couple down by half-time.

This.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a DIFFERENT result. Therefore from the OFF attack attack attackattackATTACK.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think IG is feeling particularly positive about much right now. Hopefully he'll be all right come final whistle tomorrow night..

You're right, initially we were a little unlucky in this barren spell and the last time I remember feeling good about our game was away at Derby. We seem to be struggling more and more recently though, my confidence is ebbing away, much like the teams seems to be. Blackpool, although an excellent point on paper was a woeful performance from everybody except the defence.

I will be ectsatic if we win tomorrow regardless of the performance as I think it would do the confidence of the team a world of good. Lose again and we will be rooted in a crisis imo.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
PLAY NOT TO LOSE INSTEAD OF TO WIN regrettably so 1-0 leeds Becchio 30 mins

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It will probably be more of the same, back line fine, a defensive midfield five consisting of Gus's golden boy, maybe one winger in that five if we're lucky, definitely not two as golden boy is obviously the first name on the team sheet, one up top... Perfect for a home game.

Unfortunately I cant see much past this at the moment.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Is it right to say that I'd take a point at home? Heart = draw, Head = defeat..........or is it the other way around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here