Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, what are you going to ask Tony then?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If his fav player is Wardy, is he coming Friday?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
2:13 [Comment From Alan the Seagull Alan the Seagull: ]
If money was no object can you name one player worldwide who you would love to see playing for us?
Tuesday April 26, 2011 2:13 Alan the Seagull
2:13 Easy question, Messi.

Thats it then, Messi and Muzza up front next season.... the M&Ms will get you... :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
[Comment From Keith Dublins Lunchbox Keith Dublins Lunchbox: ]
One of the contributory factors to the Albion being relegated from the Championship previously was that we had one of the lowest two budgets in the division. Without giving too much away, will we have a budget that is competitive next season for a club that is in for promotion/mid-table/survival?

1:47 [Reply from TB]
I assure you we will have a competitive budget for next season.

That response did give me a semi !

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Followed by a question on the first game at the Amex

Barcelona it is then.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
THE WHOLE THING FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT ACCESS OR MISSED IT.

12:56
Good afternoon all. Today's Q&A session with Albion chairman Tony Bloom will begin in five minutes.
1:04
Comment From trevor
good afternoon mr bloom ,first of all thank you so much you have done for our club cant wait till next season proudly seating in my new seat, can you comfirm, when the open top parade will be is it the 8th may.
1:06
You me and over 16,000 of our fans are also looking forward to next season at the Amex. We are hoping to have the parade on Sunday 8th. This will hopefully be confirmed by the end of the week.
1:06
Comment From richard
tony, given Gus' unique management style and footballing ethos, do you have concerns around succession planning in the event that he moves on at any point in the future?
1:12
We are very fortunate to have Gus, who is a superb manager and leader. We hope to have him in charge of the Albion for many years to come. It's obvious that many other clubs would like him as their manager, but it doesn't help to worry about this. If the time comes when Gus leaves, it would be my job to find a top manager who has the same footballing ethos as Gus.
1:13
Comment From Russell
Good afternoon, Tony. Was a pleasure to meet you at the Seagulls Over London meeting last year. Thanks for attending for a great eveing. Tony, could you shed any further light on the status / progress with the pursuit for a location for the proposed academy?
1:15
Hello Russell, we're currently looking seriously at three possible sites. As soon as we've agreed a deal on one of them, we will announce it immediately on seagulls.co.uk. It's difficult to predict the timing of this.
1:16
Comment From paul g
congrats on a brilliant season ! what are your realistic thoughts on next season & how long do you think we can keep gus & tanno ?
1:17
Hello Paul, we will be trying to maintain our momentum from this this season. We will be aiming to challenge for the top six.
1:18
Comment From paul
Tony thanks for everything. can we please expand the capacity of stadium asap to compete with southamptons crowds.also can we recruit a top center back to play with greer and a striker,dont waste big money on hoskins we could have had him free last summer. thanks.
1:22
Hi Paul, the first objective was to fill the stadium week in, week out, which we will definitely do. The next step is to ensure that the transport works as planned. At that point there is a strong possibility that we will look for planning to increase the capacity, by having a second tier on the east stand and filling the corners.

Regarding players and potential transfer targets, a public forum is not a good place to discuss this.
1:23
Comment From Guildford_Gull
Has season ticket sales exceeded your expectation?
1:24
I was always confident of selling-out season tickets, and obviously our brilliant season has made this even more likely.
1:27
Comment From tommy
Hello Tony. Several years ago my father did some work for your father. We are very fortunate to have a true Albion supporting family as backers. Any news of pre-season matches? I know a visit to Portugal is on the cards again, but not playing a Portuguese club!!!
1:28
We will be in Portugal from 17th July until 24th July. We haven't got the matches arranged yet but the likely dates will be the 20th and 23rd July.

The players would love to get as much support as possible, so go down to your local Thomas Cook and book up your Portugal holiday!
1:29
Comment From oscar
tony, what has been yout favourite game of the season so far?
1:30
Brentford 0 Albion 1. A great own-goal! We really showed mental toughness in that physical battle.
1:31
Comment From drseagull
Hi Tony, I just wanted to ask you how it feels to have been through the last 15 years of rubbish and to now be moving into the Amex as Champions of division one? I'm interested in your thoughts as a fan and Chairman. This has to be the brightest point in 15 years for me.
1:33
As a fan, it is a dream come true that everything has come together at the right time. As chairman, I'm very proud of Gus, his staff and all the players to have won the league playing such scintillating football.
1:33
Comment From Rob, Worthing
I found Gus's reaction and comments following the Southampton match embarrassing, unseemly, and unnecessary; and as such, out of character. It is clear he has let Soton and Adkins get to him, and it slightly taints and otherwise beautiful season. Do you agree to any degree?
1:35
As Gus always does, he is very open and honest with his assessments. The fans appreciate this, and I encourage him to continue.
1:35
Comment From Steve K
I've been following the Albion since 1972 and have seen us play some of our best football this season. I cannot thank you enough for giving our team a future. What has been your proudest moment since becoming chairman?
1:38
Winning the league is certainly the achievement I'm most proud of, but I'm continually proud of our amazing away support, who have consistently traveled in large numbers, and always in good voice and humour.
1:38
Comment From Mike
Hello Tony, It appears that you are running our club in the way that other clubs can only stand back and admire. From almost being extinct, Brighton is now the envy of the footballing world, with a management team and attitude to match. Apart from this promotion, what is your main aim for the club? Where do you see it being in five years time?
1:41
Our aim is to continually strive to improve all areas of the club. We do not want to relax just because we have won the league. It is difficult to put a time frame on it, but our next big ambition is to get into the Premier League, and the ambitions after that will be to stay there.
1:42
Comment From Mick
How many season tickets have been sold please ?
1:42
Not including the 2600 corporate hospitality, it's over 14,000 sold.
1:44
Comment From Del
Hi Tony I think the stadium is looking great. Is the timing still on for the hand over next month as there still seems to be a lot to be finiished?
Hi Del, I have no worries, all on time.
Comment From Salty
Hi - Just wanted to take this opportunity to express my thanks to you for all you have done so far Mr Bloom. The managment structure that is forming is impressive when you turn the clock back a short while and look where we are. I have my "Amex" brick so very much still feel a part of the club even though I have moved away from the area. Thanks once again and looking forward to the next campaign!
1:46
Thanks Salty, celebrate the success and have a great summer.
1:46
Comment From Keith Dublins Lunchbox
One of the contributory factors to the Albion being relegated from the Championship previously was that we had one of the lowest two budgets in the division. Without giving too much away, will we have a budget that is competitive next season for a club that is in for promotion/mid-table/survival?
1:47
1:47
Comment From B.W.
Hi Tony, Firstly, thank you for everything you have done to get this club back on an upward trajectory again. The stadium is looking fantastic, and the team is playing beautiful football. Exciting times! How are the negotiations with Liam, Gary and Muzza going?
1:50
We would like all three to be with us next season. I never comment while negotiations are ongoing. As soon as there is news it will be on seagulls.co.uk.
1:50
Comment From Nick
Hi Tony, are you able to shed any light on the Lualua situation?
1:52
LuaLua is a player Gus really likes and he is certainly as exciting to all us fans. We would love to have him back next season, but right now we don't know Newcastle's intentions.
1:53
Comment From Tom W
Hi Tony. My Newcastle- supporting mates are very jealous of how well our club is run, and particularly about having a chairman who leaves the football side of things to the manager! Do you ever get tempted to suggest possible new signings etc, or are you always content to leave that to Gus and his team?
1:56
The decision of players coming in is down to the manager. What we are building at the club is a system of scouting and recruitment which allows this process to work as fluently as possible.
1:56
Comment From Rob
How have you managed the transition from being a fan to owning the club? Does it help or hinder to be a fan in the business side of things?
2:00
For a lot of fans, if they became chairman I think their emotions would get in the way. For me, I am able to get very emotional during games as I always have done, but be professionally unemotional when it comes to making business decisions for the club.
2:01
Comment From Ben
Hi tony, have you played poker with gus, tanno and charlie yet? are they any good?
They refuse to play me. I'm not happy!
Comment From Guest
Have you any update on the ticketing for the popular away games next season please? Will all 1901 members have priority over everyone else (even season ticket holders at Gillingham / Withdean) or will they be on the priority scheme like everyone else?
2:03
The club will announce details at the end of the season, but I assure everyone that Season Tickets holders who regularly go to away games will be prioritised.
2:04
Comment From Roger
Tony it's been great watching the Albion this season and thank you for everything you've done. I'm old enough to remember the days when previous Bloom family members were helping the club to success. Can I ask who is your favourite Albion player from all the years you've been watching the club?
2:05
My favorite player is 'he shot, he scored, it must be Peter Ward'.
2:06
Comment From Thimble, Littlehampton
Is Zigor Aranalde still part of the new scouting set-up which is being headed-up by Mr Stephenson or is he now leaving the club?
2:07
Absolutely, he still remains chief scout. We are all happy with the progress he's making.
2:08
Comment From seagull55
Are you aware of the fantastic play 'Brighton 'til I Die, which is being performed at the Theatre Royal in July, and will you be attending?
2:08
My family and I all have tickets, and we are thoroughly looking forward to the show.
2:10
Comment From B.W.
Hello Again Tony, Is John Stephenson now part of our management team?
2:12
John's role is Head of Football Operations. He has a dual-role: his first responsibility is the recruitment side, dealing with contracts, agents and scouting. His second responsibility is to set up and run the new academy.
2:13
Comment From Alan the Seagull
If money was no object can you name one player worldwide who you would love to see playing for us?
2:13
Easy question, Messi.
2:17
Comment From Derren
Do you have a short list of teams for the opening game at Falmer?
2:17
Our opening game at the Amex will hopefully be announced within a week.
2:18
Comment From JamesD
Thanks for everything you've done for the club - these are amazing times to be a seagull. I was wondering how you are enjoying the Chairman's job, and if your poker playing experience is coming in useful!?
2:19
I'm really loving my time as chairman, and I enjoy the responsibility. My poker skills certainly come in useful when negotiating with agents and other clubs.
2:19
Last question coming up...
2:21
Comment From tonymgc
How is a decision such as the design of a new kit made within the club? Does Gus have much input?
2:24
Ken Brown gets lots of different designs from Errea and brings a shortlist to the board, where a decision gets made. Gus likes to get involved, in particular regarding the material of the shirts.
2:25
That's all folks. Thank you all for your questions and sorry I didn't have enough time to answer them all. I've tried to answer the popular ones.

Enjoy the last two games and have a great summer.

Tony

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
kylie or madonna

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
El Presidente; [Reply from TB said:

We have all seen NSC going nuts with transfer budget rumours and I think there was speculation of 30m over 3 years etc etc. What actually is a 'competitive' transfer budget excl wages for a championship debutant such as our good selves?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would love to have asked him his fathers name and what relation to him were the 2 Bloom brothers David and Alfie or possibly Arthur I think it was who played for Worthing in the 50s. I have asked it on here many times but nobody has ever answered it.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
I'd like to have asked him if Derek Chapman is the plug or the socket,and does DC give a good reacharound.Belly permitting.PMSL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here