Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remember when I started watching wrestling as a kid. One of the lower card babyfaces was a traditional all-American good guy called The Texas Tornado Kerry Von Erich. One of his signature moves was a tornado punch where he would spin round into the punch. It was a surprise, then, to learn many years later that toward the end of his career (as this was due to an early death) he was working with an artificial foot. Or partial foot, it was never made publicly clear how much of his foot he had lost in a motorcycle accident a few years earlier.

All that is to say, as amazing as that is, most people can't perform at a high level if they are missing their feet or part of them. So this Milik better be all there, I will not accept a striker with an artificial foot. When it comes to Milik, I am lack-toes intolerant.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m hoping he would be 4th choice. Long time to go in the window all the mug clubs have shelled out for the likes of Wilson & Watkins the latter looks far to light weight for the PL, Wilson hardly prolific. So that’s two probable rivals budget gone we might end up being the smartest yet.

Do let me know if you hear anything more on Dembele :thumbsup: Can’t see it happening but we can dream. Nothing in the press but that could be a good thing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Do let me know if you hear anything more on Dembele :thumbsup: Can’t see it happening but we can dream. Nothing in the press but that could be a good thing.

I’m convinced that the club have got this one under wraps.

We’ve seen on this thread that there is top talent for sale in Europe such as Milik, Dembele and Gomez. I’m hoping we’ll get a much better value player than Watkins or Wilson by playing the long game. We might have to wait four weeks but I’m hoping that we’ll be happy when the club announce a new Albion superstar!

albionite

May 20, 2009

Lyon saying he is not for sale as they are losing two others.
Might be paper talk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

We’ve seen on this thread that there is top talent for sale in Europe such as Milik, Dembele and Gomez. I’m hoping we’ll get a much better value player than Watkins or Wilson by playing the long game. We might have to wait four weeks but I’m hoping that we’ll be happy when the club announce a new Albion superstar!

Yep - but the annoying thing is due to covid the window shuts a few weeks into the season which it wasn’t meant to again. So likelihood is we’ll be several games in if we leave it late. But I agree, waiting and being patient rather than panic buying is the best solution. I still think a LB and 2 forwards will sign.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

That’s my feeling. Whoever it is, it’s a done deal.

The fact we let 2 strikers go suggests we have incomings sorted.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Yep - but the annoying thing is due to covid the window shuts a few weeks into the season which it wasn’t meant to again. So likelihood is we’ll be several games in if we leave it late. But I agree, waiting and being patient rather than panic buying is the best solution. I still think a LB and 2 forwards will sign.

True, but it's better to wait (if possible) and get your first choices then panic and get a third or fourth choice in. (Fingers crossed!)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That’s my feeling. Whoever it is, it’s a done deal.

The fact we let 2 strikers go suggests we have incomings sorted.

Think so too.........unleaked big announcement quite soon. Muzza leaving, Gyokeres apparently out on loan......and the club getting better and better at the transfer business every window...all points to something happening IMO.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Think so too.........unleaked big announcement quite soon. Muzza leaving, Gyokeres apparently out on loan......and the club getting better and better at the transfer business every window...all points to something happening IMO.

It does all add up. Just hope that It comes off as planned and that it's a reasonable outcome.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It does all add up. Just hope that It comes off as planned and that it's a reasonable outcome.

Would be nice to give fans boost since will take two weeks to settle in but then no one will be in the stadium so won’t have any impact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The only striker we are likely to sign is somebody totally unknown from somewhere nobody has heard of for the development squad.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If the whispers are true then we'll all be much happier by the time the season kicks off. Unless there's a hitch, of course.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If the whispers are true then we'll all be much happier by the time the season kicks off. Unless there's a hitch, of course.

Go in then, I’ll ask:
What are these whispers?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Go in then, I’ll ask:
What are these whispers?

Bargain.... 670AC54C-CE3B-4087-8254-D0398DD742DB.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here