Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] So wait a minute

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
A thread is posted saying that NSC is not as great as it used to be. Monopolised by the same old repetitive bores etc. Arguments ensue...
A contributor (one of the bores?) Says 'hehe, mods, wouldn't it be funny if we altered the thread title, titter titter' The thread title IS amended??? Then those who agree that NSC is a little poorer try to make their point only for the right of reply to be switched off?

Hmm.

Ban me. I don't give a rats ass about this board anymore

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A thread is posted saying that NSC is not as great as it used to be. Monopolised by the same old repetitive bores etc. Arguments ensue...
A contributor (one of the bores?) Says 'hehe, mods, wouldn't it be funny if we altered the thread title, titter titter' The thread title IS amended??? Then those who agree that NSC is a little poorer try to make their point only for the right of reply to be switched off?

Hmm.

Mods stopped comments on it as well :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looking st the mod logs, it was me that closed the thread.

I have no idea how, as I didn't intend to.

Anyway, it's open again now.

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 21.42.25.png

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Hmm.

Ban him!

Ban him!

For someone who doesn’t give a rats ass, you took time to write 😂😂😂😂😂

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm sure you didn't mean to close it..., 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Why would I close it?

Seriously - you think I did. Why would I?

These pages are often full of criticism of NSC, how it is run and how it is moderated. You're never shy in laying the boot in whenever you can. Those conversations are never closed.

@afters is someone I know well, away from NSC, and consider a friend. Why would I close a thread that a friend starts?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Looking st the mod logs, it was me that closed the thread.

I have no idea how, as I didn't intend to.

Anyway, it's open again now.

View attachment 184077
What about altering the thread title? Surely a dangerous precedent unless requested by the OP?

Sorry Bozza, I've been here a long time and have a lot of respect for what you have done, and I accept what you say above. But altering thread titles?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
As the first to come up with the wurst pun I would like to lodge a complaint too. My lame joke is now nonsensical and I have been made to a look a fool, the consequence of which is that I am suffering emotionally.
My friend, I feel for you. But if thread titles can be changed willy nilly where does it stop? Changing User names? It only takes a few quick strikes of the keyboard before I'm Abnormal and you're a ConfusedTory*unt!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Crikey.

And I thought I was precious :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What about altering the thread title? Surely a dangerous precedent unless requested by the OP?

Sorry Bozza, I've been here a long time and have a lot of respect for what you have done, and I accept what you say above. But altering thread titles?
It was intended as nothing more than light-hearted fun.

The same as when I changed the name of the board after MusicGate

When I read the thread title, and given the current focus on Germany, worst/wurst immediately sprang to mind. Additionally, both @afters and I are mutual friends of @Man of Harveys who is partial to a bit of wurst. Indeed. when I search my WhatsApp for wurst, the most recent mention was in a group I'm in that includes both of @afters and @Man of Harveys.

And, finally, one of @afters' comments was that there's not enough of the inane on here these days.

Maybe I've misread the room here horrendously. I'll have no problem apologising if so.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was intended as nothing more than light-hearted fun.

The same as when I changed the name of the board after MusicGate

When I read the thread title, and given the current focus on Germany, worst/wurst immediately sprang to mind. Additionally, both @afters and I are mutual friends of @Man of Harveys who is partial to a bit of wurst. Indeed. when I search my WhatsApp for wurst, the most recent mention was in a group I'm in that includes both of @afters and @Man of Harveys.

And, finally, one of @afters' comments was that there's not enough of the inane on here these days.

Maybe I've misread the room here horrendously. I'll have no problem apologising if so.
Don't apologise mate. All is good :thumbsup: x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here