Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So This Paralympics Opening Ceremony...

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Is it going to be on anything like the same scale/budget as the Olympics do we know?

This is honestly supposed to be a serious thread, but no CM post would be complete without a shite gag or two - apparently the organisers couldn't afford to get Elbow for the Paralympic opening ceremony so they've hired a tribute band instead - Prosthetic Elbow. The less said about a possible appearance by American crooner John Legend the better!!

no way. If you think about wheelchair ramps, wall railings...

:jester: I'm sure it'll be great. Sainsbury's have given us funky shirts for it.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I managed to get some 2 x Day ExCel Passes for 30th of August...unfortunately I cannot make the day now.
Day Passes from 09:00 - 22:30. Day session includes:- Sitting Volleyball, Judo, Powerlifting and Judo. £10 per ticket. PM if interested in purchasing the tickets from me.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Yep and really cheap as well, got great tickets for the swimming in a fortnight

Indeed - we have 3 velodrome sessions, 2 days at the road racing, a day with a day pass, a session of athletics and some swimming tickets. All for a total of less than £250 for 2 of us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So, what do we think are the best spectator events?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Im thinking a flop but happy to be proved wrong . Statements like this is going to be the best ever is not normally followed by the best ever . Look at the real Olympics , many wrote it off but it was brilliant.

Hope to be wrong but no one I know or work with seems remotely interested .

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Just had an email from Sainsbury's with the subject "Did you know you could be going to the Paralympic Games?"

Is this because I went to Waitrose yesterday? Who's running Sainsbury's now, the Kray twins?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If you'd have put in for tickets when they first went on sale you could've got pretty much anything. The same applies for the first, second and third rounds of general sale. Even in the first week of the Olympics there were tickets on sale for the paralymics in everything othr than the velodrome (which slod out in the first round!).

If you don't have any at this stage it's because you didn't want any until the band-wagon turned up.

I don't think anyone is pretending to the contrary. I'm sure most people who are going are quite happy to admit that they are going because they missed out on the Olympics themselves, and want to see the park etc. As long as they get involved as part of the atmosphere once there, good on them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just had an email from Sainsbury's with the subject "Did you know you could be going to the Paralympic Games?"

Is this because I went to Waitrose yesterday? Who's running Sainsbury's now, the Kray twins?
:lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you don't have any at this stage it's because you didn't want any until the band-wagon turned up.
I didn't get them earlier because I'm useless, that's all.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Bitterly disappointing that the BBC decided not to cover the games.

Channel 4 will air coverage of the Games after bidding a reported £9 million - £4 million more than the BBC.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
will the coverage be on C4, E4 And More4? like the BBC was? or just C4?

Seems to be just Channel 4 plus 3 other live streams (internet only I guess).

Channel 4 will of course still be showing the housewifes favourites of Deal of No Deal and Come Dine with me, so they don't care much about it

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Went there last week and was allowed to have a look at the rehearsal....we are in for treat IMHO

Why was there? Games maker training :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here