Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So the average worker has to work for nothing

1066gull

Whilst all the fat cats have been getting six figure allowances over the past number of years.

I find it laughable. I wonder how much Willie Walsh has paid himself.

Does he really think people will agree to him?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm not sure BA crew are 'average workers'. Willie Walsh gets £61,000 a month. And yes, I expect people will agree to it (though not necessarily to him....) because the alternative is probably the company folding.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. And yes, I expect people will agree to it (though not necessarily to him....) because the alternative is probably the company folding.

Not a cat in hell's chance of BA folding, they've had one bad quarter on the back of years of big profits.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Usual shit from the down trodden who can't make it in management so slag of those that are our captains of industry.

He deserves that salary as he has the skills to run a very large company - how many others can do that ?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Usual shit from the down trodden who can't make it in management so slag of those that are our captains of industry.

He deserves that salary as he has the skills to run a very large company - how many others can do that ?

:clap2:

And no way have they had big profits, big profits is like Tescos in the billions. Remember they aren't just sitting on the cash, they've had to pay off debts from 5 billion a few years ago to now 1 billion (ish) and try and pay money into the black hole that is the pension fund.

Oh and they can't afford to make people redundant as that requires cash to pay redundancy...and they don't have much...hence the other schemes coming out.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"He deserves that salary as he has the skills to run a very large company - how many others can do that ? "

quoted by Beach Hut

Sir fred goonwin?

AnDy Hornby?

Were these financial idiots worth their vast salaries?
NO

In former days they would have been beheaded.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
"He deserves that salary as he has the skills to run a very large company - how many others can do that ? "

quoted by Beach Hut

Sir fred goonwin?

AnDy Hornby?

Were these financial idiots worth their vast salaries?
NO

In former days they would have been beheaded.

Here we go blame Fred the Shred for his salary that he negotiated when they did not have to offer that match.

The resentment is pathetic - beyond belief.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
ruthless , is that a skill ???

Yes it is you don't become a Richard Branson being nice and saying yes to everyone and everything.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Here we go blame Fred the Shred for his salary that he negotiated when they did not have to offer that match.

The resentment is pathetic - beyond belief.

However much he was or wasn't paid, the fact is he had responsibility for a large company and was shite at his job, thereby countering your argument that all those who have such responsibilities and salaries are there because they are good at what they do.

As goes resentment, yes I do resent the fact (as an average worker) that he could be so titanically crap at his job and still walk off with a f***ing HUGE payoff, money the likes of which I doubt I'll ever earn. If I were crap at my job and so was forced out, could I expect such treatment? Could I f***.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"Here we go blame Fred the Shred for his salary that he negotiated when they did not have to offer that match."

quoted by Bleeting Hut

He was evidently overpaid?

Unless he was hired for his skills in financial destruction.

Jan 30, 2008
Yes it is you don't become a Richard Branson being nice and saying yes to everyone and everything.
what's a yes man got to do with it, some people will f*** over their own parents to achieve their "goal" AND USUALLY HAVE A BAND OF ARSE LICKERS TO BACK THEM UP :rolleyes:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
"Here we go blame Fred the Shred for his salary that he negotiated when they did not have to offer that match."

quoted by Bleeting Hut

OK he f***ed up but he also made the bank healthy profits as well.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

quoted by Bleeting Hut

Hang on. He no doubt negotiated his salary based on past performance. He took RBS from a regional bank to the fifth largest in the world by market capitalisation. It's not like he was parachuted into the position.

It all went pear-shaped for him based on his love of leveraged buyouts but prior to the collapse, Sir Fred could command any salary that he asked for.

Sorry for pissing on your polemic.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Quoted by Buzzer
"Sir Fred could command any salary that he asked for."
Yes by your definitions he should only be paid on results.

In this case he should be sued for every penny has left for causing such reckless social destruction.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
what's a yes man got to do with it, some people will f*** over their own parents to achieve their "goal" AND USUALLY HAVE A BAND OF ARSE LICKERS TO BACK THEM UP :rolleyes:

Little tetchy are we, touched a raw nerve

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes by your definitions he should only be paid on results.

And he was. Hence getting sacked when things go wrong. It's the nature of the boardroom for the FTSE companies. The top men are usually employed on mega salaries on fixed term contracts and it's deliver or you're out. Simple really.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And he was. Hence getting sacked when things go wrong. It's the nature of the boardroom for the FTSE companies. The top men are usually employed on mega salaries on fixed term contracts and it's deliver or you're out. Simple really.

The point people always miss as well these people have to produce otherwise they are out often resented but they are under the kosh the whole time hence the high rewards.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
He delivered all right.

The biggest company loss in British Comercial History.

He was an egotist who was given too much power.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here