Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So that's us as good as down then!!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Ex Shelton Seagull. If you're going to be that silly to a reasoned argument I can do the same by putting rose tinted glasses on.

McGhee will turn out to be the finest manager in the history of the world. Ever. Buying Wycombe's cast off's is inspired and Kerry Mayo would be playing for England by now if only he'd played centre midfield before, even once in the ten years he's been at the club. When Oatway come's back all our prayers will be answered and we'll probably end up going up again. Luckily in Blackwell and Rodger we've got two players with just short term injuries, and when they come back it'll be even better. We'll be in Europe and everything. Our chairman and directors have got so much money, when we get Falmer, which will probably be this afternoon, they'll pay extra and we'll have it built in two weeks. And when it's built we'll get 20,000 plus every week. There won't be ANY empty seats so we can all slag of other clubs if they don't fill their ground week in week out.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
brighton_b0y said:
Arthur are you taking the piss. Did you go to the reading game?

We wern't outplayed, and didn't look out of place at all. We were just unlucky. If your telling me we're going down after 2 fuckin games, your a twat and know nothing about football. Yes we need to strengthen a bit, we are missing our top striker, plus others coming back from injury. Remember we're new to this league, with a new manager and a fairly new team. We need a few games to get the players to gell together and to get use to this division.

KTF brighton have the best fans in the world with all the shit we have to deal with.

ps. if you think winning is all that matters, i feel very sorry for you. You should be a armchair man u or arsenal fan! :tosser:

WHY DO YOU SUPPORT BRIGHTON ARTHUR??

EH!?!?

We're you at Reading? We were outplayed for massive sections of the game!

And how is this a new side? We've had pretty much the same side for the last 4 years!! Alright we're new to the league but so are Plymouth and they have adapted ok.

I don't expect us to win every week, or very often at all this season but my point was we're going to face allot stiffer tests than Plymouth this season and if we are getting murdered by them we're going to be down allot earlier than the last day.

Is anyone capable of having a proper debate on this message board without resulting to calling people names? All I've done is expressed my opinion that as this thread has proved is shared by others and I've been called all the names under the sun.

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Arthur said:
EH!?!?

We're you at Reading? We were outplayed for massive sections of the game!

And how is this a new side? We've had pretty much the same side for the last 4 years!! Alright we're new to the league but so are Plymouth and they have adapted ok.

I don't expect us to win every week, or very often at all this season but my point was we're going to face allot stiffer tests than Plymouth this season and if we are getting murdered by them we're going to be down allot earlier than the last day.

Is anyone capable of having a proper debate on this message board without resulting to calling people names? All I've done is expressed my opinion that as this thread has proved is shared by others and I've been called all the names under the sun.
yes i was at the reading game, and correct me if im wrong!but i didn't think we looked out of place at all! currie wasnt up to much, but generally looked equal to reading. Jarrett had a good chance to head a goal in the second half and jake had a good chance to qualise (although i think ended being offside)

No one is calling you names and i certainly am not. I appreciate all opioniojns, all im saying is that i think we will pick up. Its only been two games and ur acting like we've been relegated.

p.s. what really f***ed me off was when u said why watch brighton if we're not winning. A typical glory seekers view. I support brighton coz i was born and bred there. Its a social pride thing.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Arthur said:
And how is this a new side? We've had pretty much the same side for the last 4 years

Cardiff 11
Roberts
Virgo
Cullip
Butters
Harding
Hart
Carpenter
Oatway
Jones
Iwelumo
Knight

Plymouth 11
Kuipers
Virgo
Cullip
Butters
Harding

Reid
Nicolas
Mayo
Currie
Jarrett
Molango

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Turkey said:
Cardiff 11
Roberts
Virgo
Cullip
Butters
Harding
Hart
Carpenter
Oatway
Jones
Iwelumo
Knight

Plymouth 11
Kuipers
Virgo
Cullip
Butters
Harding

Reid
Nicolas
Mayo
Currie
Jarrett
Molango

cheers for backing me up on that one turkey :clap:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
brighton_b0y said:
No one is calling you names and i certainly am not.

So far on this thread I've been called:

tosser - wilderabeast
MUPPET - REDLAND
twat - your goodself

brighton_b0y said:
p.s. what really f***ed me off was when u said why watch brighton if we're not winning. A typical glory seekers view. I support brighton coz i was born and bred there. Its a social pride thing.

No read what I've said again. I said people don't want to watch a losing side which is fact like it or loath it. I'm not talking about people who go week in week out whatever but the floating fan. Look at our attendances at the Goldstone when we were doing well and compare them when we weren't. Allright we are some what limited at Withdean but we should be selling out week in week out without question.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Small consolation now but in two games we've had a penalty turned down that should have been. A penalty awarded against that shouldn't have been. A player sent off when the forward should have been booked for diving, allegedly.

Things like that change games, sometimes dramatically.

With the fragile confidence built up since we were comprehensively outplayed by Swindon over two legs maybe we should be looking at not conceeding before we worry about winning? I would have settled for a point last night before a ball was kicked, maybe McGhee was thinking the same way and it just went pearshaped.

Not time to panic...yet.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Plymouth 11
Kuipers - been at the club for years
Virgo - ditto
Cullip - ditto
Butters - ditto
Harding - ditto
Reid - newish signing but still aware of McGhee and his style of football
Nicolas - new
Mayo - Too long!
Currie - new
Jarrett - new
Molango - new

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
lets beg to differ! i apologise for calling u a twat!
I agree with what ur saying, but it sounds very fickle and the type of thing ud hear from a manure fan. Yes im sure there are fans will not turn up to watch a losing team and im sure we will struggle this season! but i don't thinh pesemism is required after just the 2nd game?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Arthur said:
Alright I'll give you that, but how long do we leave it?

12 games again?
i say after 5 games is a good yard-stick for the season

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Lets remember that in 2 games time we'll have last season's Div 2 top scorer available for selection

If we've still not got any points 5 games into the season then we should start to worry

Watford looked pretty tidy tho...:(

Re: Re: Re: So that's us as good as down then!!

Arthur said:
f*** me the penny has almost dropped!!

We're going to do worse than two years ago because the team is worse!!

Good work sherlock!

The side needs drastic improvement now else we'll be down by Christmas. Simple as that!

get off the feckin fence

mind you - having Kinght, Carpenter, Rodger, Roberts all fit and available might help

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Thats a reasonable post and topic and the debt situation is very interesting as we have huge debts equal to the goldstone,and it makes you wonder whats around the corner.
If a club was being ran properly debts would be low thats a fact and its not as if we have lacked money coming into the club i.e players and compensation and high ticket prices.

The point is you have to sets of thoughts!!!!

You have many like me who are an ambitious fan who wants good players etc and us to reach our potential.

then you have the many on here who are just bloody grateful for anything and live on the past etc,in which is not ambition whats so ever.

Its a fact the club will never reach its peak with no money,so like i have said many times mr knight will never be the man to do it,and its been decades of skint struggling financially etc.

This could all blow up anytime as debts will only increase,so all the massive knight fans have been saying how good the club is being ran and what a hero etc,well look at the facts we are in serious debt and can't even survive at a tin pot 7k capacity with very exspensive tickets.???

DID THE BOARD REALLY DO THERE HOME WORK????? :shootself

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
the guys running this club haven't got the faintest idea about what they are doing.

When Falmer gets turned down Perry and Knight will bugger off quick smart leaving us homeless and even more in debt than when they took over, then will you all think Dick Knight is the saviour of this football club?

Good old Arthur. Always wrong.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Good old Arthur. Always wrong.

Why bounce?

Reading (geddit?) it, though it seems like nothing has changed. And that was soddizng 6 years ago... I can't imagine what the board was like during the "dark days"...

Still :falmer::falmer::falmer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here