So that's us as good as down then!!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Can we lose this moronic thread please?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bearing in mind the small fact that we have several players out injured and we also have Leon suspended there's plenty of room for improvement. I can't understand people like Arthur and frankly I would be more than happy if people of his ilk went off to Selhurst Park.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Trigger said:
That's what i call a 50/50 post Arthur, i agree with half of it... If we play negative tactics at home against a team in the same boat as us and lose then what chance do we have of avoiding the drop?...

McGhee won't be sacked by November, DK can't afford to do that, we wont be down by christmas mathmatically but it probably wont take much longer if we are to carry on with the 4-5-1 at home.

Falmer, still very much up in the air, i'm quietly confident though, but like ya say if we don't get it DK & MP will be off leaving us in the poop.

Sounds to me like you've agreed with every thing I've said apart from McGhee's sacking and that's only because you feel we can't afford to sack him, which is probably correct.

At least someone has on here has their head out of the clouds.

Simple facts, the team is worse than the side that went down two seasons ago. Our only signings have been an unknown center forward who came from the German second division, a 19 year old winger who could only get a handful of starts in possibly the worse Wimbledon side there ever has been since they've been in the football league and a journeyman 2nd and 3rd division pro RELEASED by Wycombe. The lad on loan from Chelsea isn't going to want to hang about after his three months are up because by then unless drastic changes have been implemented we'll still be bottom of the league, the fans will be on the backs of the players and the management.

The team need strengthening now before it is too late!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
why sack mcghee??? oh no we lost to reading (just) and lost to the team which walked away with the league last year.

yes he made a mistake last night but we dont sack him because of that. if we did we would have 20 managers a season. i think he will have learnt to play 2 upfront and remember knight is coming back in 2 games time so i count that as a 'new signing' in my book. roberts was out. chippy was out blackwell was out. we have loans left. dont panic!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Arthur said:
Simple facts, the team is worse than the side that went down two seasons ago. Our only signings have been an unknown center forward who came from the German second division, a 19 year old winger who could only get a handful of starts in possibly the worse Wimbledon side there ever has been since they've been in the football league and a journeyman 2nd and 3rd division pro RELEASED by Wycombe. The lad on loan from Chelsea isn't going to want to hang about after his three months are up because by then unless drastic changes have been implemented we'll still be bottom of the league, the fans will be on the backs of the players and the management.

9 players out.

Currie wasn't released. His contract ran out and he wanted to leave.

Arthur said:
Sounds to me like you've agreed with every thing I've said apart from McGhee's sacking and that's only because you feel we can't afford to sack him, which is probably correct.

At least someone has on here has their head out of the clouds.

The team need strengthening now before it is too late!!
Never mind the fact that the "unknown centre forward from the German second division" and the "19 years old winger from the worst Wimbledon side" were our most dangerous and creative players last night? ???

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Sometimes I think the phrase 'rose tinted glasses' was invented for some people on NSC. It's a difficult situation because we HAVE to trust the people running the club. However it's all abit of blind faith sometimes.

If anybody posts anything critical of the club they are automatically a wanker. When it all goes wrong and we don't get Falmer/ we are relegated you'll end up standing around looking at each other blankly saying 'shit, that wasn't meant to happen'.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Mr C said:
Never mind the fact that the "unknown centre forward from the German second division" and the "19 years old winger from the worst Wimbledon side" were our most dangerous and creative players last night? ???

Well that just backs up my claim that the squad isn't good enough then doesn't it!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Timbo said:
Sometimes I think the phrase 'rose tinted glasses' was invented for some people on NSC. It's a difficult situation because we HAVE to trust the people running the club. However it's all abit of blind faith sometimes.

If anybody posts anything critical of the club they are automatically a wanker. When it all goes wrong and we don't get Falmer/ we are relegated you'll end up standing around looking at each other blankly saying 'shit, that wasn't meant to happen'.

There is a difference between rose-tinted glasses and completely fogged up ones you know. Yeah, not a great start to the season, no we haven't played well. But now isn't the time to panic, there are plenty of signs that the new players can do a job for us, it will just take a little time for them to bed in properly and for McGhee to work out how best to use them. When we get Carpenter, Oatway and Knight back you'll find we look a lot more solid. If results don't improve then that is the time to thing about additions to the squad, and we already know that McGhee is still looking for a target man. Why all the doom and gloom after two games?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd rather trust the people running the club than someone on an internet message board.

We were rubbish last night. Does that make us rubbish? No. Every team has poor games. You have to look at why. Thats McGhee's job.

If some of the negative people on here were in charge they'd just throw in the towl after two games and say we're getting relegated. Brilliant.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Mr C said:

oh my god!!! you could describe our whole squad in that light. gary hart is 'the player who we payed 1000 plus a kit for' you catch my drift. so that is a poor statement really. we have no 'superstars' and i think people on here forget that

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Arthur are you taking the piss. Did you go to the reading game?

We wern't outplayed, and didn't look out of place at all. We were just unlucky. If your telling me we're going down after 2 fuckin games, your a twat and know nothing about football. Yes we need to strengthen a bit, we are missing our top striker, plus others coming back from injury. Remember we're new to this league, with a new manager and a fairly new team. We need a few games to get the players to gell together and to get use to this division.

KTF brighton have the best fans in the world with all the shit we have to deal with.

ps. if you think winning is all that matters, i feel very sorry for you. You should be a armchair man u or arsenal fan! :tosser:

WHY DO YOU SUPPORT BRIGHTON ARTHUR??

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
OK, i'm taking off my rose-tinted spectacles. I have seen the light! Christ Jesus almighty I have seen the light!

You're right. We are the worst team that has ever graced this division. This is the worst side we have EVER had, every single player is useless and was purchased from pathetic teams after doing nothing throughout their entire careers. All our young players who have risen through the youth system are a disgrace to the club, none of them are fit to wear the shirt. The entire youth system is a joke, we've produced no-one of note for our entire existence.
The manager is totally incompetent, the worse one we've ever had. Things were much better under Hinshelwood. He'll be sacked by the end of Spetember and rightfully so in my opinion.
The chairman and the entire board of directors are the worse we have ever had. They are all a bunch of crooks who are planning to do a runner as soon as we are relegated in October. They've been ripping us off and stitching us up since day one. If they had any decency they would have all resigned after last nights disgraceful performance.
We will never get Falmer and the whole thing has been a waste of time since the beginning. I never wrote any letters or signed any petitions because I knew it was all a waste of time. We will be kicked out of Withdean at the end of the season and we will go bust, that is a FACT.

Wow, this messageboard would be so much better if everyone did posts like that and agreed with everyone else who posted on the board.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
IT's JUST TWO GAMES IN FFS!!!

GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND STOP SLAGGING EM OFF!! IT WILL COME GOOD!!

:bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign:

REDLAND said:
Well all I can suggest MUPPET that you stick ya strips in the bin and give the Arsenal club shop a ring, if winning is all that supporting a club means to you !!!

BHA DOESN'T need 'fans' like this !!

I understand his point though. I know losing is all part of the game but a city like Brighton deserves a good team playing in a stadium to match it's potential. Us fans are among the best in the country and spend a lot of money and effort following them home and away, it feels like we've been short-changed a bit when we see the players not trying or the manager playing dud tactics. We pay their wages after all :nono:

It's SO frustrating having to watch us lose to teams like Plymouth in that joke of a stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here