Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So McShane played well on Sunday then??

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The guy in the Times gave him a rating of 3 and referred to him as "the woeful Paul McShane"!

Wasn't that impressed with him when he was here (not tall enough for a CB) and the few times I've seen him on the box he certainly hasn't looked very good.

Personally I believe that the Championship is probably the highest level he's cut out for.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
carlton palmer was slightly more scathing than that in the past

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He played rightback not centreback, and looked out of position.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
The guy in the Times gave him a rating of 3 and referred to him as "the woeful Paul McShane"!

Wasn't that impressed with him when he was here (not tall enough for a CB) and the few times I've seen him on the box he certainly hasn't looked very good.

Personally I believe that the Championship is probably the highest level he's cut out for.
Personally I have to personally agree. A bit out of his depth. He is a good rugged Championship/League 1 centre half. That is about it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Personally I have to personally agree. A bit out of his depth. He is a good rugged Championship/League 1 centre half. That is about it.

Personally speaking I agree with the spunkster, personally.

Paul McShane is a very good player but someone who at the moment has lost all his confidence.

He had a poor start to the season and hadn't played for a while. To lose that goal so early in the game will have shattered whatever confidence he had and having Keano as manager is hardly going to help in that situation.

However I would give him another season at that level before making too many judgements.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Every time I see him on MOTM, he seems to make a huge mistake, which often leads to his team conceding. He scored against Palace though, so he is naturally a brilliant player.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Was class when with us, and had a great season with the baggies in the championship too, but maybe the prem is a step to far for him.
Comparing him to another loan defender we had I always thought that Ingimarrson was the better player.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
McShane is a 'classic' centre half in the Cullip mould, gets stuck in, not the paciest, but very passionate and for that reason he is liked by fans.

At the highest level not sure about him, Fergie did well to get £2.5mill for him.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think he could do a job at RB, got some pace, can get stuck in and is decent on the ball. Not quite strong or tall enough to play CB in the prem. You need a bit more class than he has to do it at his size.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Are you suggesting he is both GINGER and has a small TODGER then Les?

GOD does have a wicked sense of humour clearly.

Quite the opposite, his fumbled bashings at my backdoor with that gargantuan appendage showed a distinct lack of class. The side dish however was both appealing and trimed.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
He is obviously pining for Withdean and trying to force his asking price down,I would also like to see him return

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here