Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it's all on hold

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
according to Naylor on Twitter this evening, Gus is saying that we are not as close to our next two signings as we were to Kuszczak and Bruno so it looks like all the speculation was wrong and we are on the back foot again.

Nothing is straightforward at this club and who knows whether we had targets but they are gone or we had targets but they're not talking to us?

Looks like it won't be this week though and if it isn't soon then will we be off to Portugal and setting ourselves up for the season with the players we've got.?

So what of this "spectacular" signing? If Naylor is right and Gus isn't just bullshitting to cover his tracks, what happened and where is that signing now?

Last edited:

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
I wouldn't get too uptight yet, as Gus said with Wayne Bridge, everything happened in 2 days, so we could have 3 more signings by the end of the week even though nothing is oblivious now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
according to Nayloron Twitter this evening, Gus is saying that we are not as close to our next two signings as we were to Kuszczak and Bruno so it looks like all the speculation was wrong and we are on the back foot again.

Nothing is straightforward at this club and who knows whether we had targets but they are gone or we had targets but they're not talking to us?

Looks like it won't be this week though and if it isn't soon then will we be off to Portugal and setting ourselves up for the season with the players we've got.?

So what of this "spectacular" signing? If Naylor is right and Gus isn't just bullshitting to cover his tracks, what happened and where is that signing now now?

Going to Spain this year aren't we or have I got it wrong.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Most transfer windows Gus talks about a big signing but we rarely get one. I'm sure we are in contact with bigger and better players than last summer, no doubt we shall sign some of our targets and others we will miss out on. If we sign two more of equal or greater quality than the other summer signings we have already made I will be very happy

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are Leeds trying to squeeze a bit more money out of McCormack's transfer value ? Greedy bastards.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Going to Spain this year aren't we or have I got it wrong.

You are right - the lads will be staying in Spain............... but only just!
Jerez de la Frontera is on the Spain/Portugal border

Our 2 games are supposed to be "Within an hour travel from Gibralter" so I am guessing it might be one in Portugal and one in Spain..... maybe Malaga? Still not announced anyway

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Our 2 games are supposed to be "Within an hour travel from Gibralter" so I am guessing it might be one in Portugal and one in Spain..... maybe Malaga? Still not announced anyway

A couple of local games for gibseagull :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Most transfer windows Gus talks about a big signing but we rarely get one.
Eh? So you don't think we got a big signing last summer (Vicente, CMS) and you don't think we've got one this summer? You're difficult to please.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I'm struggling a little that sources seemingly very close to the club were talking about a spectacular signing going in to the weekend but it seems to have just vapourised? Maybe it's right that they are winding up Naylor - everything does seem to get more closed and complicated when he is around. Maybe he should have stayed on holiday? :lol:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

That sounds pretty handy-harry for me then!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here