Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So is this your year?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Do you believe you can maintain your good start to the season? early days yet.

What is the secret to your good start? the management? or a good crop of players?

Well done though I suppose. :eek:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
100% Gus Poyet.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Simply Poyet and Taricco IMO. Also an honest bunch of players who listen to what Gus tells them and play that way every game...

Too early to say at the moment - I think most realistic fans still think the play-offs is more likely but we'll see come Xmas where we are. We musn't get too ahead of ourselves that's for sure. The South coast club and Sheff weds have very strong squads and will be up there...

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Simply Poyet and Taricco IMO. Also an honest bunch of players who listen to what Gus tells them and play that way every game...

Too early to say at the moment - I think most realistic fans still think the play-offs is more likely but we'll see come Xmas where we are. We musn't get too ahead of ourselves that's for sure. The South coast club and Sheff weds have very strong squads and will be up there...
I like that! Yeah Xmas is the time to start thinking about where you will be come May, well I hope Palace start to move up a notch or two, who knows you may be visiting us again very soon.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Gus and Tano.

They've got their squad now, and they've got them playing exactly the way they want.

A stat you may not have seen which illustrates the change Gus has brought about in his time here: We currently have 28 points in the league, in the 2009/10 season we didn't hit the 28 point mark until January 26th.

Can we carry it on? Of course it's early days and there are bound to be blips and slipups along the way, but I see no reason why not.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

All spot on.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing

yep yep

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Do you believe you can maintain your good start to the season? early days yet.

What is the secret to your good start? the management? or a good crop of players?

Well done though I suppose. :eek:

Don't know if it will be our year, it certainly won't be your year :thumbsup:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I thought as much, Turned out to be a great appointment for you.

I was surprised when he was appointed but he has done an incredible job. This time last year we were struggling at the bottom and couldn't stop conceding goals but now it is only 8 conceded in 13 games and a lot of credit must go to Poyet and Taricco for that. He has improved some of our players out of recognition along with bringing in some fantastic signings (Painter and Calderon must be the best two full backs in the league and both signed on frees) and playing the best football I have ever seen us play in twenty years of watching.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I was surprised when he was appointed but he has done an incredible job. This time last year we were struggling at the bottom and couldn't stop conceding goals but now it is only 8 conceded in 13 games and a lot of credit must go to Poyet and Taricco for that. He has improved some of our players out of recognition along with bringing in some fantastic signings (Painter and Calderon must be the best two full backs in the league and both signed on frees) and playing the best football I have ever seen us play in twenty years of watching.
I know how it feels!!! :facepalm:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Agree with the other posts. Gus and Tano but also the old saying - you cant make a silk purse blah blah...we've brought in some very good players (although haven't spent bundles) and the management team has done the rest.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I hope our fotunes cahnge soon, we have Danns, Ambrose, and Scannell still out of the squad, all key players.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I thought Ambrose had recovered? I gather you will be selling Speroni in January and that he's the sole reason you are not last!

PG

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mainly Gus and Tanno both for their coaching and their signings. But also credit the existing playing staff for being receptive to their ideas and not dismissing it all as a load of continental nonsense (which is what sadly I think partly explains why the England team still resemble Watford more than Inter Milan). Adam El Abd for example is unrecognisable from the player he was even a year ago.

And to think there were some ignorant people on here who DIDN'T think the problem was White and Booker! ("How do you know they're the problem? Are you there when the team are being coached?") I've still never forgiven White for moaning (after we'd lost 1-0 at home to 9-man Walsall) that he "couldn't uhderstand it as we'd got loads of crosses into their box." The difference now as to when those neanderthal, antediluvian dinosaurs were around is incredible.

Last edited:

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Mainly Gus and Tanno both for their coaching and their signings. But also credit the existing playing staff for being receptive to their ideas and not dismissing it all as a load of continental nonsense (which is what sadly I think partly explains why the England team still resemble Watford more than Inter Milan). Adam El Abd for example is unrecognisable from the player he was even a year ago.

And to think there were some ignorant people on here who DIDN'T think the problem was White and Booker! ("How do you know they're the problem? Are you there when the team are being coached?") I've still never forgiven White for moaning (after we'd lost 1-0 at home to 10-man Walsall) that he "couldn't uhderstand it as we'd got loads of crosses into their box." The difference now as to when those neanderthal, antediluvian dinosaurs were around is incredible.

Out of interest, does anyone know what Booker and White are up to now? And is Wilkins still at That South Coast Club?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You know what it is 100% Gus and Tanno. Broadly speaking most are the players that have underperformed for the last 2 or 3 years.

All Gus did was say "pass to someone in the same colour shirt even if they are only a few yards away". Bugger me it actually worked!

Im doing him a disservice there but you get my drift I hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here