Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So is everyone on here paying tax ?

Dandyman

In London village.
That there is a tax gap in the UK made up of £70 billion of tax evasion, £25 billion of tax avoidance and £25 billion of unpaid tax.

The government's response to this is to cut the number of staff at HMRC and to continue to take no action against the worl'd tax havens, many of which have strong links to the UK.

Discuss.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
too taxing at this time of night.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they are some nice big numbers. are they real or imaginary; measured or theoretical? always wondered how you count something you dont have, cant get and cant prove exists.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes I do £800 odd a month so I think I can class myself as a non avoider

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a suprise nobody has come on here saying I earn £1000 per week cash in hand and dont pay tax. I have never begrudged paying tax and often said I would like to have paid £10,000 per week because I would have been earning very good wages, with that tax liability.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I wouldn't mind paying a lot of tax ongoing as presumably my income would be so much that I wouldn't even notice it.

Dandyman

In London village.
they are some nice big numbers. are they real or imaginary; measured or theoretical? always wondered how you count something you dont have, cant get and cant prove exists.

Figures vary but these bunch of raving lefties think there is a problem: http://www.christianaid.org.uk/Images/false-profits.pdf

Also these : http://www.taxjustice.net/cms/upload/pdf/TJF_4-2_AABA_-_Research.pdf

The Chartered Institute of Taxation The Chartered Institute of Taxation | Home also takes a dim view of the anti-British tax dodgers.

The Auctioneer

Jun 24, 2011
Most of my money is sent abroad to colombian tax havens. admittedly through many differing channels. It seems as if everybody wants a cut. I dont get a pension but i do get small amounts of regular packets. So, bit like the proper tax authorities then. Plenty of promises, no real substance and it gets right up my nose. p.s If I could earn more than £150 per week for 100 hours I would gladly pay tax.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Figures vary but these bunch of raving lefties think there is a problem: http://www.christianaid.org.uk/Images/false-profits.pdf

Also these : http://www.taxjustice.net/cms/upload/pdf/TJF_4-2_AABA_-_Research.pdf

The Chartered Institute of Taxation The Chartered Institute of Taxation | Home also takes a dim view of the anti-British tax dodgers.

Professionally, I know it is a big problem.

And we all know through home building works, car repairs and so on; that too tempting for both parties to do a deal for cash. Giving the UK lost VAT and income/corporation tax.

My experience is that restaurants, including very profitable ones in Brighton/Hove, just will not pay tax. Holding back a large chunk of the cash element of takings, to evade VAT and other taxes.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Personally, I would like to see serious tax evaders named and shamed so that we have a choice of not doing business with them.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Personally, I would like to see serious tax evaders named and shamed so that we have a choice of not doing business with them.

That could rule out a awful lot of options -

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The way they are talking about tax avoidance in the media makes me laugh.

Tax avoidance is totally lawful, its just managing your money so you pay as little tax as possible. Why wouldnt you manage ur affairs that way?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here