Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So if Chelsea win the champions league........

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
They'll take Tottenham's place. What with Spurs' track record of breaking out the lawyers whenever they get a sniff of a chance of winning a case it could make for an interesting summer...:lol:

D

Deleted member 18477

Hope Chelsea get battered and spurs lose in the qualifying round tbh.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If you know the rules before you enter the competition fair enough but FIFA/UEFA/The FA/FL etc all seem to make up new rules or ammend the old ones as they go along, whether it's the number of places available in a competition or the number of subs allowed in the league FFS give people adequate warning and reduce the grief!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If Chelsea win the champions league. They should have a play off against Spurs to see who gets the 4th spot. Winners deserve the right to defend their trophy. And Spurs deserve the place for finishing 4th. So have a play off,,simples!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If Chelsea win the champions league. They should have a play off against Spurs to see who gets the 4th spot. Winners deserve the right to defend their trophy. And Spurs deserve the place for finishing 4th. So have a play off,,simples!!

When? Euro Championships, Olympics, ECL quallies... can't our 'Arry and Robbie just have a fight?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What SG said. UEFA bent the rules to allow Liverpool in when they didn't qualify by league position. It all depends how rich & influential you are.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Don`t want to see redknob come away from this season with anything,Hopefully Chelsea will win the Cup and take next seasons place

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Didn't something similar happen with Liverpool and Everton and UEFA bent the rules to allow Liverpool in?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Don`t want to see redknob come away from this season with anything,Hopefully Chelsea will win the Cup and take next seasons place

Whilst I have no love of "Dodgy Harry"...I have even less love for the Stamford Bridge click of "Terry the Tosser" and his mates. Who if they don't get there own way just gang up to get the manager sacked. Hard one to call and although 9 times out of 10 I want to see English clubs win. On this occasion I hope Chelski get stuffed tbh.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Whilst I have no love of "Dodgy Harry"...I have even less love for the Stamford Bridge click of "Terry the Tosser" and his mates. Who if they don't get there own way just gang up to get the manager sacked. Hard one to call and although 9 times out of 10 I want to see English clubs win. On this occasion I hope Chelski get stuffed tbh.

of the two, for me shitski are the lesser evil

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Or they should just allow one place in the competition for the winner which doesn't interfere with the country's set number of places?

So if the team finishing third in the Premier League wins, they get a place, but forfeit their normal place to whoever finishes 5th?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Didn't something similar happen with Liverpool and Everton and UEFA bent the rules to allow Liverpool in?

Yeah, Everton finished 4th and Liverpool were outside of the top 4. It was the Premier league's decision as to who got the Champions league spot and they picked Everton despite UEFA wanting Liverpool as the holders. UEFA then let Liverpool in anyway but tightened up the rules to stop it happening again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, and the rules were changed such that the winners always qualify. 4th only gets a place if a lower placed team from your country doesn't win. It's pretty simple, no chance of lawyers even being asked. Spurs knew the rules, as did Arsenal, hence the importance of the fight for 4th. Arsenal won it, Spurs lost it.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Spurs deserve to qualify for finishing 4th - why exactly?

1st definitely, 2nd - OK, 3rd - pushing it, but 4th??

I agree, but those are the rules. I would rather the champions played in the European cup, the cup winners played in the cup winners cup and the other teams played in the UEFA Cup. Fa Cup semis were played on neutral grounds and the Fa cup final was played at the end of the season, when the league has finished at 3pm on a Saturday.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Yes, and the rules were changed such that the winners always qualify. 4th only gets a place if a lower placed team from your country doesn't win. It's pretty simple, no chance of lawyers even being asked. Spurs knew the rules, as did Arsenal, hence the importance of the fight for 4th. Arsenal won it, Spurs lost it.

This with fcuking great bells on

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Shirley the rules are straightforward ?
Qualification for the CL is first, second and third in the PL plus the winner of the CL if they are an English club; if the CL winners aren't English, then fourth in the PL gets the place.
Will be funny to see Spurs fans in meltdown over it though

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

3rd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here