Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So how is everyone seeing in the new year?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Quiet night in with the missus - as usual

:boringoldfart:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Nothing. Have done it all in past years, parties, pubs, trafalgar square, but it's usually very dull, just a mission to get trollied which I have very little interest in doing any more. Will find a decent film to watch, might have a drink if I can be arsed. Will stay up til midnight, but only because the fireworks will wake me up if I don't.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Drinks with friends then out for a meal followed by al fresco drinking, fireworks and dancing (well, not in my case, the old hips are currently out of gyratory action due to a recent spinal operation but my toes will be tapping) until late in Casemates Square, Gib.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Not normally a fan of NYE but this year I am actually going to an 80s themed party at my friend's house in Aylesbury. I shall be making an appearance as Gordon Gekko complete with braces, a cigar and a giant mobile phone.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It does seem as many people (and my opinion is not just because of this thread but also listening to people we know) are not seeing NYE as a special occasion as much as I think it used to be, my guess and my personal feelings are the costs are so massive, cost of drinks, entry into places, getting served and many other things, transport probably being one as well!!

We used to celebrate NYE in a massive way but not any more, basically it is just to expensive and not forgetting the part time drinkers that think they can drink until the 3rd pint then they want to spew and fight everyone!!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Never been a fan of the New Year celebrations. The only decent time I remember is when I was running a hotel in a ski resort and was helping out behind the bar with our customers, and nipped out next door where all our off-duty staff were getting smashed. Bit of a drink and jump around, which is enough.

This year, I'll be at work again overnight (albeit in the slightly less glamorous Luton this time) as it's generally a choice between Christmas or New Year off, so went for the former this time around. Still, everyone I'm working with is coming in with food and fancy dress - so it'll still be relatively amusing, without the pressure of continuously drinking.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
l.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there is a do on in Lewes with local bands etc, teh meeting house church place I think...may head out to that as my mates band SKATUNES are playing

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
May well pop up with mrs V to see John Crampton play.....he's like Seasick Steve on speed

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Would love to do something but my partner was told she wouldn't have a job in the new year the week before Christmas so it will be at home with cheap booze just to save the pennies. Thankfully I'd already got my bottle of Barcardi before the bad news !

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Having some of the neighbours around, cooking a meal followed by very competative session of Rapidough (bit like pictionary but with play dough - its actually better than it sounds). Last year was boys against girls and us boys demolished them, although there are more of us this year so might need to re-think the games choice.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think that NYE hasn't been the same since Millennium Eve was such a damp squid and pubs and clubs got a bit greedy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here